Shia LaBeouf Directed Kid Cudi's New Video
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.2 of 6
- Photo: Armando Gallo/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 6
- Photo: Fame Pictures5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Bette Midler Set to Star, Executive Produce HBO's Mae West BiopicMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:11:28 PM
- 'Murphy Brown' Cast to Reunite on 'Katie'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 3:59:28 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'Matr
Yesterday, Vulture directed your attention to "Perfect Is the Word," the first explicit rock song from the wanderlusting Kid Cudi.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Check out this career advice for Cheryl Cole
Well, it was a busy day for Cudder: With the release of the music video for "Marijuana," from last year's Man on the Moon II: The Legend of Mr. Rager (never gets old!), he also gave fans a taste of the old style.
RELATED ON VULTURE: NBC decides to reboot 'Fear Factor'
The clip is a grainy travelogue that follows a smokey Cudi through catered kitchen parties to Amsterdam hotel room hang sessions to showtime, and it would have garnered a noncommittal "hmmm" before being forgotten about forever if it weren't for the fact that this particular music video was directed by ... movie star Shia LaBeouf. As you may recall, LaBeouf also directed the music video for Cage's pretty great 2009 track "I Never Knew You," and ended up producing a fairly ambitious stalker tale full of CGI rain clouds and recognizable actors (hello, Cougar Town's Dan Byrd!).
RELATED ON VULTURE: Read all about Death Cab's thoughts on pop culture
This time, though, it feels like Shia just wanted to roll with the crew; also, if the particulars of his mirror cameo at 3:17 are not misleading, he shot the whole thing on a Flipcam. Further cause for confusion: LaBeouf and Cage are buddies (LaBeouf has at various points talked about starring in a biopic of the troubled emcee), but this is the first we're hearing of Cudi and Shia's bromance. Hopefully, though, it means the How to Make It in America thespian will now get more Hollywood chances through his well-connected pal. Indiana Jones and the Mystery of the Lonely Stoner?
RELATED ON VULTURE: Eisenberg will star in a play he wrote himself
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite