- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.1 of 8
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional2 of 8
- Photo: Fame Pictures/Fame Pictures3 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Joel Ryan/AP6 of 8
- Photo: Fame Pictures7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy careerMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:22:07 AM
- 'The Voice' Wraps Season 4, Crowns New Winner (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:53:07 AM
- 7 Characters You Are Likely to Encounter at the Cannes Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 7:39:23 PM
- Marriage Struggles to Stand a Short Test of Time in 'I Give It a Year' Trailer (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 7:26:02 PM
- Danielle Bradbery crowned winner of the VoiceMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 6:19:35 PM
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy career
An eyewitness to the altercation at Mad Bull's Tavern in Sherman Oaks, Calif., tells Us the actor, 24, was taunted by a fellow patron inside the bar before being "sucker punched in the mouth" when their conversation was taken outside. A second eyewitness reports singer Ashlee Simpson was also at Mad Bull's Saturday, but her proximity to the fight is not known.
No charges were filed as a result of the dust-up, which was dispersed when local Los Angeles police officers who happened to be driving by the area saw the crowd.
Put in handcuffs while officers assessed the situation, LaBeouf was questioned and released shortly after 1 a.m.
When reached for comment, Los Angeles Police Department Sgt. Taylor of the Van Nuys division confirms the patrons picking on LaBeouf "fled" before police arrived.
"It was just boys being boys. Things got really out of hand and it didn't have to go down the way it did," Mad Bull's Tavern owner Richard DiSisto tells Us. "No one needed or should have gotten hurt, things could have been dealt with in an entirely different way."
The actor's weekend incident -- initially reported by HollyScoop.com -- is not his first brush with the law. Though the charges were later dropped, LaBeouf was arrested in Hollywood on suspicion of drunk driving in July 2008.
More on Wonderwall:
More from UsWeekly:
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite