Shia LaBeouf: I Dropped Acid for Movie Role Research
- Photo: Earl Gibson III/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 13
- Photo: XL Recordings Ltd/.4 of 13
- Photo: Ian Wilson/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: GIA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: KVS/Pacific Coast News7 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: EM43/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Maya Hitij/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: DZILLA/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin12 of 13
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Shia LaBeouf is so committed to his craft, he's willing to do whatever it takes -- drink, do drugs, have sex -- in order to deliver as realistic a performance as possible.
For example: to prep for a scene in the upcoming "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," the former Disney star, 26, says he took LSD in order to better relate to his character, who trips on acid during the Mob-focused flick.
"There's a way to do an acid trip like "Harold & Kumar,"and there's a way to be on acid," the outspoken thespian opined to USA Today. "What I know of acting, Sean Penn actually strapped up to that [electric] chair in 'Dead Man Walking.' Those are the guys that I look up to." (His Lawless director, John Hillcoat says although LaBeouf's strategies don't technically qualify as "Method," they are "Method-like.")
LaBeouf took his technique so seriously while filming "Lawless," a movie which takes place during Prohibition, that he imbibed as much moonshine as he could. (He later admitted his co-star and on-screen love interest, Mia Wasikowska, was so appalled by his drunken behavior she tried to quit the project.)
The "Transformers" actor also recently boasted he'll be having real sex on camera for Lars von Trier's new film, "Nymphomaniac."
"There's a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says, 'We're doing it for real,'" he explained to MTV. "Anything that is 'illegal' will be shot in blurred images. But other than that, everything is happening . . . It's going to be a wild movie, man. It's going to be a wild movie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite