Shia LaBeouf: I Dropped Acid for Movie Role Research
- Photo: Earl Gibson III/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: Girlie/Fame Flynet2 of 13
- Photo: Hall/Pena/PacificCoastNews.com3 of 13
- Photo: XL Recordings Ltd/.4 of 13
- Photo: Ian Wilson/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: GIA/WENN6 of 13
- Photo: KVS/Pacific Coast News7 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: EM43/Splash News9 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Maya Hitij/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: DZILLA/EROTEME.CO.UK/Bauer-Griffin12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Shia LaBeouf is so committed to his craft, he's willing to do whatever it takes -- drink, do drugs, have sex -- in order to deliver as realistic a performance as possible.
For example: to prep for a scene in the upcoming "The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman," the former Disney star, 26, says he took LSD in order to better relate to his character, who trips on acid during the Mob-focused flick.
"There's a way to do an acid trip like "Harold & Kumar,"and there's a way to be on acid," the outspoken thespian opined to USA Today. "What I know of acting, Sean Penn actually strapped up to that [electric] chair in 'Dead Man Walking.' Those are the guys that I look up to." (His Lawless director, John Hillcoat says although LaBeouf's strategies don't technically qualify as "Method," they are "Method-like.")
LaBeouf took his technique so seriously while filming "Lawless," a movie which takes place during Prohibition, that he imbibed as much moonshine as he could. (He later admitted his co-star and on-screen love interest, Mia Wasikowska, was so appalled by his drunken behavior she tried to quit the project.)
The "Transformers" actor also recently boasted he'll be having real sex on camera for Lars von Trier's new film, "Nymphomaniac."
"There's a disclaimer at the top of the script that basically says, 'We're doing it for real,'" he explained to MTV. "Anything that is 'illegal' will be shot in blurred images. But other than that, everything is happening . . . It's going to be a wild movie, man. It's going to be a wild movie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite