- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage.com2 of 6
- Photo: 20th Century Fox/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your FrieMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:57:00 AM
- CNN Anchor Calls Fox Nation 'Willfully Ignorant Fsticks'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:41:00 AM
- Dimension Unleashing James Wan's 'Demonic' in Theaters This DecemberMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:16:00 AM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere Generates 263,000 More Tweets Than OriginalMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:07:00 AM
- CBS Television Studios Names Two New Drama Development ExecsMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 10:00:00 AM
- 'Gone Girl' Beauty Emily Ratajkowski Joins Zac Efron in 'We Are Your Frie
By Drew Mackie, with reporting by Ericka N. Goodman
By starring in "Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps," actor Shia LaBeouf worked alongside both American acting legend Michael Douglas, who reprised the Gordon Gekko role from the first "Wall Street," and British up-and-comer Carey Mulligan, who plays Douglas's daughter and LaBeouf's love interest. At the Monday premiere of the new film, LaBeouf spoke with Wonderwall about working with Douglas, the prestige of the "Wall Street" franchise and falling in love with Mulligan offscreen.
Wonderwall: How is Michael Douglas handling all his recent stresses?
Shia LaBeouf: He's a strong man. He has a way to ease things. When you're walking on sacred ground like I am with this movie, he's the person who will put you at ease. It's needed and helpful. But I don't know the ins and outs of what's going on with him. I know he had knee surgery, and his kid just went into the drum, and he showed up on set, [but] he was dealing with a lot and never once complained about it.
RELATED VIDEO: The 'Money Never Sleeps' stars walk the red carpet
WW: How was it to work with Carey?
SL: She's an incredible actress. She's one of the greatest of her generation. She has a face that you can stare at for miles and miles. She wears her soul on her sleeve. She's powerful.
WW: Michael has been a mentor for you. How has he dealt with his recent cancer scare?
SL: He's a wolf. He doesn't need empathy or sympathy.
WW: How was it to work with such a legendary actor as Michael?
SL: His face will be painted on walls. He's a legend. People will remember him forever. He's an American institution. It's just surreal to work with him. It's an out-of-body experience. It's intimidating and rewarding.
RELATED: See Carey's spread in Vogue
WW: What do you think his legacy will be?
SL: Not something you can define on the red carpet in five seconds. He's the strongest American actor you've ever seen. He's the slickest to ever do it. My mom still has a crush on him.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHello Hotness!
From Crowd Ignite