'Shrek' Spinoff 'Puss in Boots' Tops Box Office
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: Sara De Boer/StarTraks2 of 14
- Photo: Daniel Tanner/WENN3 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com4 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com5 of 14
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Pacific Coast News6 of 14
- Photo: Amanda Schwab/StarTraks7 of 14
- Photo: Thomas Janssen/Pacific Coast News8 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 14
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN10 of 14
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com11 of 14
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com12 of 14
- Photo: Splash News13 of 14
More Celeb News
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:09:35 PM
- 'The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug' Review: Peter Jackson's Second VersMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 5:03:45 PM
- Fox Sports 1 Scores Best Ratings Week Since August LaunchMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:44:04 PM
- New York Post Settles Racial and Sexual Discrimination LawsuitMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:30:51 PM
- 'American Hustle' Cast To Be Honored by Palm Springs FestMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 4:20:58 PM
- R. Kelly Performs Song He Wrote for Nelson Mandela on 'Arsenio' (Video)
NEW YORK (AP) -- The "Shrek" spinoff "Puss in Boots" landed on all fours, opening with an estimated $34 million to top the box office.
RELATED: Madonna launches model search
The DreamWorks 3-D animated film, distributed by Paramount Pictures, proved the popular character voiced by Antonio Banderas was a big enough draw outside of the "Shrek" franchise. The PG-rated "Puss in Boots" scored with family audiences on the weekend before Halloween.
RELATED: Celebrities dress up for Halloween
Paramount was also able to claim the weekend's second top performing more with the low-budget horror flick "Paranormal Activity 3." That film took in $18.5 million in its second week of release, bringing its cumulative total to $81.3 million.
RELATED: Stars hit the pumpkin patches
"The Rum Diary," the Hunter S. Thompson adaption starring Johnny Depp, opened weakly, earning just $5 million.
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite