Simon Monjack 'Ridiculously Upset' By Brittany Murphy Coroner's Report
- Photo: Johns PkI/Splash News1 of 8
- Photo: DH1/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Dimitri Halkidis/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: HG1/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: ZTA/ZOB/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: Promotional/'Don't Say a Word'/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Brittany Murphy's husband Simon Monjack is reportedly upset with coroner's findings released Thursday about his late wife's death.
People.com reports that Monjack said he was "ridiculously upset" by the report, also saying, "Everything [surprised me and Brittany's mom about the report]…I expected [the cause of death] to be her heart."
Monjack and Murphy's mother Sharon had expressed earlier that they thought Murphy died due to her congenital heart murmur and shut down rumors that the star took illegal drugs, says the mag.
According to People, Monjack was "surprised" by the findings, which indicated that Murphy died of pneumonia complicated by an iron deficiency, anemia and multiple drug intoxication. The drugs in her system were reportedly over-the-counter and prescription. The death is listed as an "accident."
"She wasn't coughing up," he said, adding that Murphy did not seem sick the day she died. "I've had pneumonia and coughed up handfuls of spittle. So yeah, everything surprised us, everything."
Monjack also said of the coroner's findings, "Case closed…As the coroner said, there's no foul play."
Related stories: Brittany Murphy's Husband Simon Monjack Says Medications Were HisBrittany Murphy's Husband Says Medications Were His
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite