Somber Angelina Jolie Attends Sentencing of Congolese Warlord at The Hague
- Photo: System.String/Reuters1 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: AP/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: wireimage; KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Scandal' Adds 'Major Crimes' Actor Jon Tenney in Possibly RomanMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 12:48:04 PM
- 'Ouija' Conjures Leads: 'Bates Motel' Star Olivia Cooke &apoMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 12:44:35 PM
- 'Prisoners' Director Denis Villeneuve Eyed for Female-Driven Crime Drama &aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 11:49:18 AM
- 'Twice Born' Review: Penélope Cruz and Emile Hirsch as Twits Under Fire in SarajevMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 11:31:43 AM
- Rick Santorum Compares Obamacare to Apartheid, on Night of Mandela's Death (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 10:49:38 AM
- 'Scandal' Adds 'Major Crimes' Actor Jon Tenney in Possibly Roman
Angelina Jolie isn't one to miss a history-making moment.
The actress, director and UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, 36, arrived in Amsterdam on Tuesday with daughters Zahara, 7, and Shiloh, 5, for a visit that had nothing to do with a splashy film premiere.
Instead, Jolie sat in the public gallery Wednesday morning for the first-ever verdict at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, 10 years after it opened.
After 200 days in court, vicious Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga was finally convicted of kidnapping and recruiting young children -- forcing them to become child soldiers to fight for Congolese rebel sources.
"This is their day," Jolie said in a statement. "Where these children will feel there is no impunity for what happened to them, for what they suffered."
"Angelina was very low key," an onlooker at The Hague tells Us Weekly. "She came in almost unnoticed to watch the verdict and left right afterwards."
The case of 51-year-old Lubanga could set a precedent for Uganda guerilla warlord Joseph Kony, currently the subject of a giant, celeb-supported viral campaign aimed at bringing him to justice.
Over the weekend, Jolie was by Brad Pitt's side in New Orleans for his Make It Right Foundation's huge, star-studded bash.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite