Somber Angelina Jolie Attends Sentencing of Congolese Warlord at The Hague
- Photo: System.String/Reuters1 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: AP/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: wireimage; KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Angelina Jolie isn't one to miss a history-making moment.
The actress, director and UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, 36, arrived in Amsterdam on Tuesday with daughters Zahara, 7, and Shiloh, 5, for a visit that had nothing to do with a splashy film premiere.
Instead, Jolie sat in the public gallery Wednesday morning for the first-ever verdict at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, 10 years after it opened.
After 200 days in court, vicious Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga was finally convicted of kidnapping and recruiting young children -- forcing them to become child soldiers to fight for Congolese rebel sources.
"This is their day," Jolie said in a statement. "Where these children will feel there is no impunity for what happened to them, for what they suffered."
"Angelina was very low key," an onlooker at The Hague tells Us Weekly. "She came in almost unnoticed to watch the verdict and left right afterwards."
The case of 51-year-old Lubanga could set a precedent for Uganda guerilla warlord Joseph Kony, currently the subject of a giant, celeb-supported viral campaign aimed at bringing him to justice.
Over the weekend, Jolie was by Brad Pitt's side in New Orleans for his Make It Right Foundation's huge, star-studded bash.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite