Somber Angelina Jolie Attends Sentencing of Congolese Warlord at The Hague
- Photo: System.String/Reuters1 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: AP/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: wireimage; KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, ImagineMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 4:15:00 PM
- Black TV Producer Mistaken for Bank Robber: Beverly Hills PD 'Deeply Regrets' ErroMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:46:00 PM
- Ad Spending to Hit Record $172 Billion Next Year; Digital to Overtake in 2017MSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:23:00 PM
- Pierce Brosnan Spy Thriller 'November Man' Targets Older Action Fans at Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:09:00 PM
- 'Babel's' Adriana Barraza to Play Pablo Escobar's Mother in NetfMSNEntertainment 8/26/2014 3:00:00 PM
- Lake Bell to Direct 'The Emperor's Children' for Brian Grazer, Imagine
Angelina Jolie isn't one to miss a history-making moment.
The actress, director and UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, 36, arrived in Amsterdam on Tuesday with daughters Zahara, 7, and Shiloh, 5, for a visit that had nothing to do with a splashy film premiere.
Instead, Jolie sat in the public gallery Wednesday morning for the first-ever verdict at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, 10 years after it opened.
After 200 days in court, vicious Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga was finally convicted of kidnapping and recruiting young children -- forcing them to become child soldiers to fight for Congolese rebel sources.
"This is their day," Jolie said in a statement. "Where these children will feel there is no impunity for what happened to them, for what they suffered."
"Angelina was very low key," an onlooker at The Hague tells Us Weekly. "She came in almost unnoticed to watch the verdict and left right afterwards."
The case of 51-year-old Lubanga could set a precedent for Uganda guerilla warlord Joseph Kony, currently the subject of a giant, celeb-supported viral campaign aimed at bringing him to justice.
Over the weekend, Jolie was by Brad Pitt's side in New Orleans for his Make It Right Foundation's huge, star-studded bash.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite