Somber Angelina Jolie Attends Sentencing of Congolese Warlord at The Hague
- Photo: System.String/Reuters1 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet2 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet6 of 17
- Photo: AP/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Jason Merritt/GettyImages.com8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 17
- Photo: Chris Carlson/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Retna Ltd.11 of 17
- Photo: AP1/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage13 of 17
- Photo: wireimage; KMazur/WireImage14 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com15 of 17
- Photo: Nicolas Briquet/StarTraks16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Angelina Jolie isn't one to miss a history-making moment.
The actress, director and UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador, 36, arrived in Amsterdam on Tuesday with daughters Zahara, 7, and Shiloh, 5, for a visit that had nothing to do with a splashy film premiere.
Instead, Jolie sat in the public gallery Wednesday morning for the first-ever verdict at the International Criminal Court in The Hague, 10 years after it opened.
After 200 days in court, vicious Congolese warlord Thomas Lubanga was finally convicted of kidnapping and recruiting young children -- forcing them to become child soldiers to fight for Congolese rebel sources.
"This is their day," Jolie said in a statement. "Where these children will feel there is no impunity for what happened to them, for what they suffered."
"Angelina was very low key," an onlooker at The Hague tells Us Weekly. "She came in almost unnoticed to watch the verdict and left right afterwards."
The case of 51-year-old Lubanga could set a precedent for Uganda guerilla warlord Joseph Kony, currently the subject of a giant, celeb-supported viral campaign aimed at bringing him to justice.
Over the weekend, Jolie was by Brad Pitt's side in New Orleans for his Make It Right Foundation's huge, star-studded bash.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTDivorce Imminent?
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite