Splitsville for Russell Crowe and Wife Danielle Spencer?Related: Hot Gossip, Romance Report
- Photo: PMK/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 13
By Kat Giantis
Hide your phones, people, because Russell Crowe may not be in the best mood right now. The Sydney Morning Herald says the ornery Oscar winner has separated from his wife, Danielle Spencer, after more than nine years of marriage.
The couple first met in 1990 on the set of the low-budget Australian movie "The Crossing," and they weathered his 2005 arrest for hurling a phone at a New York concierge. They have two sons: Charles, 8, and Tennyson, 6.
According to the paper, the breakup is amicable, and Crowe, 48, and Spencer, 43, are focused on "protecting their boys at this tough time." Neither has commented on the reports.
The actor-turned-sometime rocker was in New York over the weekend belting out tunes onstage. Spencer, an actress and singer who appeared over the summer on the Down Under version of "Dancing With the Stars," apparently remains in Sydney with their children.
The ostensible split comes on the heels of a busy professional time for Crowe. His jam-packed slate includes the biblical flick "Noah," the "Superman" reboot and the Oscar bait-y "Les Miserables."
The paper says his work commitments have kept him away from home for much of the year. In January, the family settled into a $10 million Sydney home.
Crowe and Spencer dated for several years after their 1990 meeting, but parted ways as friends when he headed to Hollywood. They reconnected soon after his high-profile romance with Meg Ryan fizzled out in 2001 (and her America's Sweetheart label with it). He popped the question in December 2002, and they married on his farm in April 2003.
"I am in love with Danielle Spencer, but I don't get to spend nearly enough time with her," he announced in 2002. "I feel a great need to wake up with her as many days of my life as I can."
Spencer, for her part, has brushed off talk that she tamed the notoriously fisticuff-prone star.
‘He’s a sensitive soul, very romantic," she said in 2010. "He’s a soulful, loyal person who has deeply entrenched family values."
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Royal AdviceSnooki gives Prince Harry some advice, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Queen's FeastBeyonce had a major feast in Dublin, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Bump DebutSelena Gomez breaks some pregnancy news on Twitter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
- Beers With BieberJustin Bieber shares photos of his beer-drinking safari on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Missing Miley?Get the scoop on the newest breakup rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Visiting U.S.Prince Harry is visiting the United States again, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite