'Star Trek''s Chris Pine to Follow in Harrison Ford's Footsteps
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.1 of 5
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com2 of 5
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com3 of 5
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com4 of 5
More Celeb News
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand JuryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 2:00:00 PM
- Top 20 TV Ratings: NFL Dominates, 'Biggest Loser' and 'Hell's KiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:40:00 PM
- 'Royal Pains' Star Mark Feuerstein Joining 'Nurse Jackie's&aMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 1:02:00 PM
- CNN's Nischelle Turner Joining 'Entertainment Tonight' as Correspondent (MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:40:00 PM
- 'Ellen' Show's Return Banks Highest-Rated Week in Show HistoryMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 12:29:00 PM
- NASCAR Star Tony Stewart's Case in Death of Fellow Driver Heads to Grand Jury
Chris Pine, who became a household name over the summer by playing Captain Kirk in the blockbuster 'Star Trek,' is now stepping into a role that has been made famous by Harrison Ford, Alec Baldwin and Ben Affleck.
Pine, 29, will take on the role of Jack Ryan, according to Variety.
"Tom Clancy created an unforgettable character with Jack Ryan," Paramount Film Group president Adam Goodman told the trade. "With Chris in this role, we've taken our first step in creating a re-boot that lives up to the successful lineage of the franchise."
Baldwin was the first to play Ryan in 1990's 'The Hunt for Red October,' while Ford played him in 1992's 'Patriot Games' and 1994's 'Clear and Present Danger,' and Affleck took over the role in 2002's 'The Sum of All Fears.'
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHighs and Lows
From Crowd Ignite