Stars join Uganda campaign
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: GF/Pacific Coast News5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: VINCE BUCCI/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of ComaMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 2:46:00 PM
- 'Saved by the Bell' Casting Director on Returning for the Movie, Why Finding a NewMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 11:11:00 AM
- VENICE WATCH: McDormand hails female storiesMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:20:02 AM
- 'Guardians' tops Labor Day, summer box officeMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 10:07:27 AM
- Jennifer Lawrence requests nude pics investigationMSNEntertainment 9/1/2014 9:43:01 AM
- Report: Joan Rivers Being Taken Out of Coma
A documentary called "Kony 2012," about the ongoing conflict in the African country, has become a viral hit on the web this week after being viewed nearly four million times in just two days.
The film by humanitarian group Invisible Children is named after Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), which has allegedly recruited thousands of child soldiers to fight in battles.
The organization aims to make him famous,"not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice," and a number of high-profile stars have backed the issue on Twitter.
Swift has been urging her followers to watch the film, along with Chris Brown, Martina McBride, Kristen Bell, Ashley Judd, Hayden Panettiere, Christina Milian, Eliza Dushku and MC Hammer, among others.
In a post on the social networking website, Rihanna writes, "Please go to Invisiblechildren.com. Even if it's 10 minutes ... Trust me, you NEED to know about this!" while La Toya Jackson tells fans, "Please!... We must spread the news and Stop Kony by making Kony2012 famous. Let's put an end to this!"
Actress Chloe Moretz was delighted to see how far the campaign has spread, adding, "So exciting how much improvement we've made for Kony 2012. This morning hardly anyone knew tonight? Everyones (sic) knows."
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite