Stars join Uganda campaign
- Photo: Humberto Carreno/StarTraks1 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: BJJ/Fame Flynet3 of 13
- Photo: LTA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: GF/Pacific Coast News5 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: VINCE BUCCI/Invision/AP7 of 13
- Photo: Doug Meszler/Splash News8 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: LT2/HSS/WENN10 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
A documentary called "Kony 2012," about the ongoing conflict in the African country, has become a viral hit on the web this week after being viewed nearly four million times in just two days.
The film by humanitarian group Invisible Children is named after Joseph Kony, the leader of the Lord's Resistance Army (LRA), which has allegedly recruited thousands of child soldiers to fight in battles.
The organization aims to make him famous,"not to celebrate him, but to raise support for his arrest and set a precedent for international justice," and a number of high-profile stars have backed the issue on Twitter.
Swift has been urging her followers to watch the film, along with Chris Brown, Martina McBride, Kristen Bell, Ashley Judd, Hayden Panettiere, Christina Milian, Eliza Dushku and MC Hammer, among others.
In a post on the social networking website, Rihanna writes, "Please go to Invisiblechildren.com. Even if it's 10 minutes ... Trust me, you NEED to know about this!" while La Toya Jackson tells fans, "Please!... We must spread the news and Stop Kony by making Kony2012 famous. Let's put an end to this!"
Actress Chloe Moretz was delighted to see how far the campaign has spread, adding, "So exciting how much improvement we've made for Kony 2012. This morning hardly anyone knew tonight? Everyones (sic) knows."
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Gaze
From Crowd Ignite