The adoption option: Stars who've chosen to adoptRelated: Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt, Charlize Theron, Denise Richards, Hugh Jackman, Katherine Heigl, Sandra Bullock
- Photo: Getty Images North America1 of 26
By Kat Giantis
"When I was growing up I wanted to adopt, because I was aware there were kids that didn't have parents," Angelina Jolie said in 2008. "It's not a humanitarian thing, because I don't see it as a sacrifice. It's a gift. We're all lucky to have each other."
The Oscar winner became a first-time mom in 2002, when she adopted Maddox from Cambodia. Since then, she's built a family with Brad Pitt that crosses borders, from Ethiopia, where she adopted Zahara in 2005, to Vietnam, the birthplace of Pax.
Together with Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox, they are the Jolie-Pitts, a united front and one of many celebrity families created through adoption.
November 17 may be National Adoption Day, but it's a year-round holiday in Hollywood. For a place filled with such notoriously big egos, there are plenty of big hearts, too. Keep on clicking to see other stars who have gone this route, and why the A-list could very well stand for the Adoption-list …
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite