Stephen Baldwin: 'Everything should be fine' with tax woes
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Rockland County District Attorney’s Office/.2 of 8
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: DCA/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Stephen Baldwin has brushed off his high-profile tax arrest last week, insisting he will be "fine" over allegations he has failed to settle a $350,000 bill.
The "Usual Suspects" star was detained Thursday on charges of felony tax evasion over a debt dating back to 2008, but he is adamant the blame lies with his lawyers, and he's confident the issue can be resolved.
Baldwin also insisted he had done the right thing by voluntarily attending a meeting with New York officials, and he has urged fans to make sure they pay tax on time.
RELATED: Stephen Baldwin arrested in New York
The actor tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "I went myself in a pre-arranged kind of way, but that won't stop the powers that be being upset about it. I had this pretty serious issue with filings that weren't handled appropriately. To be honest with you, it's a situation now with New York state and the district attorney's office, and I'm very hopeful that everything should be fine. ... You have to pay your taxes. ... I just got caught up in a situation that I'm hoping we're gonna work out."
Baldwin is due to appear in court in February to face the counts against him.
RELATED: Alec Baldwin's major donation
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite