Stephen Baldwin: 'Everything should be fine' with tax woes
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Rockland County District Attorney’s Office/.2 of 8
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: DCA/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Stephen Baldwin has brushed off his high-profile tax arrest last week, insisting he will be "fine" over allegations he has failed to settle a $350,000 bill.
The "Usual Suspects" star was detained Thursday on charges of felony tax evasion over a debt dating back to 2008, but he is adamant the blame lies with his lawyers, and he's confident the issue can be resolved.
Baldwin also insisted he had done the right thing by voluntarily attending a meeting with New York officials, and he has urged fans to make sure they pay tax on time.
RELATED: Stephen Baldwin arrested in New York
The actor tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "I went myself in a pre-arranged kind of way, but that won't stop the powers that be being upset about it. I had this pretty serious issue with filings that weren't handled appropriately. To be honest with you, it's a situation now with New York state and the district attorney's office, and I'm very hopeful that everything should be fine. ... You have to pay your taxes. ... I just got caught up in a situation that I'm hoping we're gonna work out."
Baldwin is due to appear in court in February to face the counts against him.
RELATED: Alec Baldwin's major donation
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite