Stephen Baldwin: 'Everything should be fine' with tax woes
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Rockland County District Attorney’s Office/.2 of 8
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: DCA/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Stephen Baldwin has brushed off his high-profile tax arrest last week, insisting he will be "fine" over allegations he has failed to settle a $350,000 bill.
The "Usual Suspects" star was detained Thursday on charges of felony tax evasion over a debt dating back to 2008, but he is adamant the blame lies with his lawyers, and he's confident the issue can be resolved.
Baldwin also insisted he had done the right thing by voluntarily attending a meeting with New York officials, and he has urged fans to make sure they pay tax on time.
RELATED: Stephen Baldwin arrested in New York
The actor tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "I went myself in a pre-arranged kind of way, but that won't stop the powers that be being upset about it. I had this pretty serious issue with filings that weren't handled appropriately. To be honest with you, it's a situation now with New York state and the district attorney's office, and I'm very hopeful that everything should be fine. ... You have to pay your taxes. ... I just got caught up in a situation that I'm hoping we're gonna work out."
Baldwin is due to appear in court in February to face the counts against him.
RELATED: Alec Baldwin's major donation
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite