Stephen Baldwin: 'Everything should be fine' with tax woes
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Rockland County District Attorney’s Office/.2 of 8
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: DCA/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's FamilyMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 3:18:16 PM
- Bob Dylan's Infamous Electric Guitar Fetches Nearly $1 Million at AuctionMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:57:27 PM
- La Scala's 'La Traviata' opener gets mixed reviewsMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 2:13:57 PM
- European Film Awards: 'The Great Beauty' Wins European Film 2013MSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 1:38:57 PM
- Kirstie Alley Blasts Leah Remini Over Scientology Criticism: She's a 'Bigot&apMSNEntertainment 12/7/2013 12:00:42 PM
- Vin Diesel Shares His Emotional Moment With Paul Walker's Family
Stephen Baldwin has brushed off his high-profile tax arrest last week, insisting he will be "fine" over allegations he has failed to settle a $350,000 bill.
The "Usual Suspects" star was detained Thursday on charges of felony tax evasion over a debt dating back to 2008, but he is adamant the blame lies with his lawyers, and he's confident the issue can be resolved.
Baldwin also insisted he had done the right thing by voluntarily attending a meeting with New York officials, and he has urged fans to make sure they pay tax on time.
RELATED: Stephen Baldwin arrested in New York
The actor tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "I went myself in a pre-arranged kind of way, but that won't stop the powers that be being upset about it. I had this pretty serious issue with filings that weren't handled appropriately. To be honest with you, it's a situation now with New York state and the district attorney's office, and I'm very hopeful that everything should be fine. ... You have to pay your taxes. ... I just got caught up in a situation that I'm hoping we're gonna work out."
Baldwin is due to appear in court in February to face the counts against him.
RELATED: Alec Baldwin's major donation
Carrie Underwood tweets about her "Sound of Music" experience on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Girls Night Out
It's a girls night out for celebs like Jennifer Lopez, Khloe Kardashian, Leah Remini, Brooklyn Decker, and more on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Nominees
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite