Stephen Baldwin: 'Everything should be fine' with tax woes
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 8
- Photo: Rockland County District Attorney’s Office/.2 of 8
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.3 of 8
- Photo: DCA/WENN4 of 8
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.5 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: WENN7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
Stephen Baldwin has brushed off his high-profile tax arrest last week, insisting he will be "fine" over allegations he has failed to settle a $350,000 bill.
The "Usual Suspects" star was detained Thursday on charges of felony tax evasion over a debt dating back to 2008, but he is adamant the blame lies with his lawyers, and he's confident the issue can be resolved.
Baldwin also insisted he had done the right thing by voluntarily attending a meeting with New York officials, and he has urged fans to make sure they pay tax on time.
RELATED: Stephen Baldwin arrested in New York
The actor tells New York Post gossip column Page Six, "I went myself in a pre-arranged kind of way, but that won't stop the powers that be being upset about it. I had this pretty serious issue with filings that weren't handled appropriately. To be honest with you, it's a situation now with New York state and the district attorney's office, and I'm very hopeful that everything should be fine. ... You have to pay your taxes. ... I just got caught up in a situation that I'm hoping we're gonna work out."
Baldwin is due to appear in court in February to face the counts against him.
RELATED: Alec Baldwin's major donation
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBlond Babes
From Crowd Ignite