Stephen Baldwin Sues Costner's Lawyer Over Oil Device Deal
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DCA/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: CNN/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Ibanez/Pictorica/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: Marcus Brandt/ddp/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Parade11 of 17
- Photo: Georgios Kefalas/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Schultz-Coulon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America14 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.15 of 17
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action seriesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:48:47 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:22 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:52 PM
- Made in America music festival rocks Los AngelesMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:22:43 PM
- 'Escape From New York' Reboot Following 'Group' Thinking of &MSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:20:00 PM
- Joan Rivers Has Been Put on Life SupportMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:06:00 PM
- 'Halo' makers shed light on live-action series
Stephen Baldwin and his business partner are again suing Kevin Costner's lawyer with cheating them out of a lucrative deal with oil company BP.
Baldwin and Spyridon Contogouris have already lost a legal battle with Costner over the sale of their shares in an oil filter device that could have made them multi-millionaires.
They claimed Costner and his Ocean Therapy Solutions partners cheated them by hiding details about a deal made with BP following the Gulf Coast oil spill in 2010.
BP bosses made an $18 million advance payment for 32 devices developed by Costner's company in an effort to be better prepared for another oil leak disaster, and Baldwin claimed he should have been told about the potential agreement before selling his shares in the company.
Baldwin lost the battle, but now he's demanding a new trial because of excluded evidence, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor and his partner have filed a $10 million lawsuit, alleging that Costner's attorney, Daniel Grigsby, demonstrated professional negligence and breached fiduciary duties by concealing details about the BP deal as he was drafting the buyout agreements for Baldwin and Contogouris.
Baldwin and Contogouris allege they were led to believe that there was no deal on the horizon, and therefore the buyout agreement that was drafted by Grigsby was a "sham."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jared Leto, Madonna and Jaime King all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite