Stephen Baldwin Sues Costner's Lawyer Over Oil Device Deal
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DCA/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/AP5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: CNN/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Ibanez/Pictorica/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: Marcus Brandt/ddp/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Parade11 of 17
- Photo: Georgios Kefalas/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Schultz-Coulon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America14 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.15 of 17
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy careerMSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 2:22:07 AM
- 'The Voice' Wraps Season 4, Crowns New Winner (Video)MSNEntertainment 6/19/2013 12:53:07 AM
- 7 Characters You Are Likely to Encounter at the Cannes Film FestivalMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 7:39:23 PM
- Marriage Struggles to Stand a Short Test of Time in 'I Give It a Year' Trailer (ViMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 7:26:02 PM
- Danielle Bradbery crowned winner of the VoiceMSNEntertainment 6/18/2013 6:19:35 PM
- Cher credits luck for her lengthy career
Stephen Baldwin and his business partner are again suing Kevin Costner's lawyer with cheating them out of a lucrative deal with oil company BP.
Baldwin and Spyridon Contogouris have already lost a legal battle with Costner over the sale of their shares in an oil filter device that could have made them multi-millionaires.
They claimed Costner and his Ocean Therapy Solutions partners cheated them by hiding details about a deal made with BP following the Gulf Coast oil spill in 2010.
BP bosses made an $18 million advance payment for 32 devices developed by Costner's company in an effort to be better prepared for another oil leak disaster, and Baldwin claimed he should have been told about the potential agreement before selling his shares in the company.
Baldwin lost the battle, but now he's demanding a new trial because of excluded evidence, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor and his partner have filed a $10 million lawsuit, alleging that Costner's attorney, Daniel Grigsby, demonstrated professional negligence and breached fiduciary duties by concealing details about the BP deal as he was drafting the buyout agreements for Baldwin and Contogouris.
Baldwin and Contogouris allege they were led to believe that there was no deal on the horizon, and therefore the buyout agreement that was drafted by Grigsby was a "sham."
- Michelle Williams and Jason Segel are moving on!
- Wedding bells and baby rattles for Jennifer Love H
- Gisele Bundchen's bikini bod after baby
- Kim Kardashian's Last Trip to Paris Before Baby
- Prince Harry's scandal-free trip to the US
- Miley and Liam: Engagement Intervention?
- The Kardashians Luxurious Greek Getaway
- Will Sharon and Ozzy’s marriage survive his addiction issues?
- Why does Bradley Cooper live with his mom?
- Jessica Alba and Nicole Richie's Hot Caribbean Vacation
- Heidi Klum's Dramatic Beach Rescue
- Is Hayden Panettiere Secretly Engaged?
- Is Lindsay Lohan Ready to Clean Up Her Life?
- Are Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Over?
- Is Duchess Kate Expecting a Daughter?
Demi Lovato drops some major newborn scoop about Selena Gomez's family on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of Kim Kardashian's tightest outfits.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
From Jennifer Lawrence to Rihanna, see the best off-season celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
Two months after major marital problems, Ozzy and Sharon do a Hollywood date night on Celebs gone Social.Watch Video »
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
See how this former Calvin Klein model's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite