Stephen Baldwin Sues Costner's Lawyer Over Oil Device Deal
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage1 of 17
- Photo: Nector Marmolejos/WENN.com/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: DCA/WENN3 of 17
- Photo: Aaron Crisler/Retna Ltd.4 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP5 of 17
- Photo: WENN6 of 17
- Photo: CNN/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: Ibanez/Pictorica/NPG8 of 17
- Photo: Fame Flynet9 of 17
- Photo: Marcus Brandt/ddp/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Parade11 of 17
- Photo: Georgios Kefalas/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Schultz-Coulon/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: Charley Gallay/Getty Images North America14 of 17
- Photo: Warner Bros.15 of 17
- Photo: Ray Garbo/WENN16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman IntroMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 11:14:00 AM
- AMC Greenlights Afghanistan Drama Pilot 'White City'MSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:49:00 AM
- Is WGN America's Manhattan a Blast? 4 Reasons to Watch the Atomic DramaMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:30:00 AM
- 'Lucy' Scores $2.74 Million on Thursday Night, 'Hercules' GruntsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 10:24:00 AM
- Exclusive Video: Behind the Scenes of The Wonder Years Cast ReunionMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 9:39:00 AM
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay' First Reveal at Comic-Con: Philip Seymour Hoffman Intro
Stephen Baldwin and his business partner are again suing Kevin Costner's lawyer with cheating them out of a lucrative deal with oil company BP.
Baldwin and Spyridon Contogouris have already lost a legal battle with Costner over the sale of their shares in an oil filter device that could have made them multi-millionaires.
They claimed Costner and his Ocean Therapy Solutions partners cheated them by hiding details about a deal made with BP following the Gulf Coast oil spill in 2010.
BP bosses made an $18 million advance payment for 32 devices developed by Costner's company in an effort to be better prepared for another oil leak disaster, and Baldwin claimed he should have been told about the potential agreement before selling his shares in the company.
Baldwin lost the battle, but now he's demanding a new trial because of excluded evidence, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The actor and his partner have filed a $10 million lawsuit, alleging that Costner's attorney, Daniel Grigsby, demonstrated professional negligence and breached fiduciary duties by concealing details about the BP deal as he was drafting the buyout agreements for Baldwin and Contogouris.
Baldwin and Contogouris allege they were led to believe that there was no deal on the horizon, and therefore the buyout agreement that was drafted by Grigsby was a "sham."
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian and Kanye West to Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher, check out the cutest celeb PDA.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSummer Stars
From Crowd Ignite