Steven Spielberg outbid for Bono's artwork by wife Kate Capshaw
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AFI/.2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Fayes Vision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Steven Spielberg missed out on the chance to buy a collection of artwork created by Bono after his own wife outbid him at a charity auction.
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
The filmmaker and his partner, Kate Capshaw, attended the Irish premiere of his critically-acclaimed movie "Lincoln" on Sunday, and the event featured an all-star sale.
The U2 star offered up a set of etchings as a prize, and bidding was fierce for the pieces, until Capshaw trumped her husband with a bid of $57,452.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Spielberg had also donated a number of props from his new movie to the auction, and the event raised a total of $336,000 for Ireland's Wicklow Hospice Foundation.
"Lincoln" star Daniel Day-Lewis is a patron of the organization, and he is delighted the sale generated such a large total for the cause.
The star tells RTE TEN, "To raise some money for something like the hospice, that is a great thing."
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite