Steven Spielberg outbid for Bono's artwork by wife Kate Capshaw
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AFI/.2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Fayes Vision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:13:00 AM
- Non-Fiction Producers Association Adds 14 Production Companies to RanksMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:01:00 AM
- Controversial MLB Player, Amazing Race Twins Join the Survivor: San Juan del Sur CastMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 9:00:00 AM
- Ratings: 'America's Got Talent' Ticks Up, NBC Tops TuesdayMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:44:00 AM
- Jasper Johns' former assistant pleads guiltyMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 8:30:33 AM
- Wiz Khalifa Nabs First No. 1 Album With 'Blacc Hollywood'
Steven Spielberg missed out on the chance to buy a collection of artwork created by Bono after his own wife outbid him at a charity auction.
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
The filmmaker and his partner, Kate Capshaw, attended the Irish premiere of his critically-acclaimed movie "Lincoln" on Sunday, and the event featured an all-star sale.
The U2 star offered up a set of etchings as a prize, and bidding was fierce for the pieces, until Capshaw trumped her husband with a bid of $57,452.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Spielberg had also donated a number of props from his new movie to the auction, and the event raised a total of $336,000 for Ireland's Wicklow Hospice Foundation.
"Lincoln" star Daniel Day-Lewis is a patron of the organization, and he is delighted the sale generated such a large total for the cause.
The star tells RTE TEN, "To raise some money for something like the hospice, that is a great thing."
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite