Steven Spielberg outbid for Bono's artwork by wife Kate Capshaw
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AFI/.2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Fayes Vision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
Steven Spielberg missed out on the chance to buy a collection of artwork created by Bono after his own wife outbid him at a charity auction.
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
The filmmaker and his partner, Kate Capshaw, attended the Irish premiere of his critically-acclaimed movie "Lincoln" on Sunday, and the event featured an all-star sale.
The U2 star offered up a set of etchings as a prize, and bidding was fierce for the pieces, until Capshaw trumped her husband with a bid of $57,452.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Spielberg had also donated a number of props from his new movie to the auction, and the event raised a total of $336,000 for Ireland's Wicklow Hospice Foundation.
"Lincoln" star Daniel Day-Lewis is a patron of the organization, and he is delighted the sale generated such a large total for the cause.
The star tells RTE TEN, "To raise some money for something like the hospice, that is a great thing."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite