Steven Spielberg outbid for Bono's artwork by wife Kate Capshaw
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AFI/.2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Fayes Vision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Steven Spielberg missed out on the chance to buy a collection of artwork created by Bono after his own wife outbid him at a charity auction.
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
The filmmaker and his partner, Kate Capshaw, attended the Irish premiere of his critically-acclaimed movie "Lincoln" on Sunday, and the event featured an all-star sale.
The U2 star offered up a set of etchings as a prize, and bidding was fierce for the pieces, until Capshaw trumped her husband with a bid of $57,452.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Spielberg had also donated a number of props from his new movie to the auction, and the event raised a total of $336,000 for Ireland's Wicklow Hospice Foundation.
"Lincoln" star Daniel Day-Lewis is a patron of the organization, and he is delighted the sale generated such a large total for the cause.
The star tells RTE TEN, "To raise some money for something like the hospice, that is a great thing."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite