Steven Spielberg outbid for Bono's artwork by wife Kate Capshaw
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 10
- Photo: AFI/.2 of 10
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage3 of 10
- Photo: Getty Images North America4 of 10
- Photo: C.Smith/WENN5 of 10
- Photo: Fayes Vision/WENN6 of 10
- Photo: Fame Pictures7 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 10
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
Steven Spielberg missed out on the chance to buy a collection of artwork created by Bono after his own wife outbid him at a charity auction.
RELATED: Most famous celeb pets
The filmmaker and his partner, Kate Capshaw, attended the Irish premiere of his critically-acclaimed movie "Lincoln" on Sunday, and the event featured an all-star sale.
The U2 star offered up a set of etchings as a prize, and bidding was fierce for the pieces, until Capshaw trumped her husband with a bid of $57,452.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Spielberg had also donated a number of props from his new movie to the auction, and the event raised a total of $336,000 for Ireland's Wicklow Hospice Foundation.
"Lincoln" star Daniel Day-Lewis is a patron of the organization, and he is delighted the sale generated such a large total for the cause.
The star tells RTE TEN, "To raise some money for something like the hospice, that is a great thing."
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Even boldfaced names like Pamela Anderson and John Krasinski get star-struck on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGorgeous Gwen
From Crowd Ignite