Stewart banned from 'groping' underage Fanning
- Photo: Apparition Films/Promotional1 of 11
- Photo: Apparition Films/Promotional2 of 11
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/ContourPhotos.com/MSN3 of 11
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News4 of 11
- Photo: RD/Bishop/Retna Digital5 of 11
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP7 of 11
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News8 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP9 of 11
- Photo: Splash News10 of 11
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Kristen Stewart was banned from "groping" Dakota Fanning during their on-screen kiss for the new movie "The Runaways," because her co-star was just 15 when they shot the steamy scene.
The pair puckered up for a same-sex smooch during the film, which tells the story of the 1970s rock group fronted by Joan Jett, played by Stewart, and Cherie Currie, played by Fanning.
RELATED: See more Kristen Stewart pics
And Stewart, 19, admits she was restricted by working practice regulations when they filmed the kiss, because Fanning was so young.
She tells Access Hollywood, "She was 15, and I wasn't allowed to grope her. I'm actually not kidding, there are major restrictions that I don't remember (from) when I was younger."
She then stopped herself from spoiling the plot, adding: "I don't want to give anything way. It's a really passionate, hardcore scene ... It's just something that happened in their lives."
"The Runaways" hits theaters April 9.
From Crowd Ignite