Susan Sarandon felt like 'a failure' after Robbins split
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP1 of 17
- Photo: RHA/ZOB/WENN2 of 17
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP4 of 17
- Photo: Erik Kabik/Retna Digital5 of 17
- Photo: KRAPE/Peter Kramer/Invision/AP6 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP7 of 17
- Photo: Tristar Pictures/Promotional8 of 17
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com9 of 17
- Photo: Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 17
- Photo: FS2/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: WENN13 of 17
- Photo: J.B Nicholas/Splash News14 of 17
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: Johns PKI/Splash News16 of 17
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Actress Susan Sarandon felt "like a failure" after her 23-year relationship with Tim Robbins broke down.
RELATED: Celebrity Rebound Couples
The Hollywood power couple, who met on the set of "Bull Durham," stunned fans by announcing their separation in 2009, and Sarandon insists the breakup hit her hard.
She tells Reuters, "Of course you feel like a failure. It's a big deal, but again, it's an opportunity to grow."
RELATED: Fabulous Over 50
"At the end of my first marriage [to actor Chris Sarandon], it was about the loss of ideal, about who you thought this person was. I thought love conquered all and I had to reevaluate everything. And you need your girlfriends, you need to take long, long walks until you're exhausted and no longer freaking out and you hold on until a new dawn. Then you get another chance."
The "Dead Man Walking" star has embraced single life and is determined to take the lessons learned from her Robbins split into her next romance.
RELATED: Female Pop Culture BFFs
She says, "[Single life] has been a lot of different things. It's traumatic and exhilarating. The one thing that's been really clear to me is that you have to think of your own life and your relationship and everything as a living organism. It's constantly moving, changing, growing. I think long-term relationships need to be constantly reevaluated and talked about."
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek In Photos
From Crowd Ignite