Susan Sarandon Reveals Her Love Affair With David Bowie: "He's Worth Idolizing"
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP/Eric Charbonneau for Warner Bros/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Ivan Niko/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Arianna Huffington on HuffPost's Upcoming Middle East Edition, Doc Ambitions and 115 MillioMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Matthew McConaughey Braves Blizzards in Latest 'Interstellar' Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:27:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: A Once Couple, Sleepy Hollow's New Threat, and an SVU RomanceMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:16:00 PM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire's' Mackenzie Davis to Join Matt Damon in Ridley ScotMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:12:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere Ratings
Scandalous, Susan! Susan Sarandon revealed in a recent interview that she's had a couple of "famous, pretty interesting" romantic partners, including the legendary David Bowie.
"In terms of hooking up with movie stars, I got married really young, which knocked out most of my 20s to be f---ing around," Sarandon, 67, told The Daily Beast on Thursday, July 24. She noted, however, that "there have been a couple of famous, pretty interesting ones. One rock star [Bowie], and another actor [identity remains unknown]. But I'm pretty much a nester and tend to be monogamous."
Sarandon's love affair with Bowie took place around the time the two co-starred in the 1983 horror film "The Hunger." "That was a really interesting period," Sarandon said. "I wasn't supposed to have kids, and I'm the oldest of nine and had mothered all of them, so I wasn’t ever in a mode to where I was looking to settle down and raise a family, so that definitely changes the gene pool you’re dipping into."
Their affair took place several years after Sarandon's divorce from her first husband, college sweetheart Chris Sarandon, in 1979. She later went on to date director Franco Amurri (with whom she had a daughter Eva), and eventually coupled up with actor Tim Robbins -- the father of her two sons, Miles and Jack, and partner of 23 years until their 2009 split.
Bowie, on his end, married Iman in 1992. The rocker, 67, lives in NYC and has a daughter with the former supermodel. While he and Sarandon went their separate ways, the actress still has a high regard for his character.
"Yeah. He's worth idolizing. He's extraordinary," she gushed of the musician. "Bowie's just a really interesting person, and so bright. He's a talent, and a painter, and… he's great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite