Susan Sarandon Reveals Her Love Affair With David Bowie: "He's Worth Idolizing"
- Photo: Peter Kramer/AP/Eric Charbonneau for Warner Bros/Invision/AP1 of 7
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Flynet2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Andy Kropa/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Rob Kim/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Ivan Niko/WENN6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge LiMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Review: Kenny Chesney shows the way on new albumMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:54:00 AM
- 9 Marquez e-books coming out in EnglishMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:52:02 AM
- Maestro Muti skipping strike-plagued Rome theaterMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:49:44 AM
- APNewsBreak: 'The Lion King' makes historyMSNEntertainment 9/22/2014 6:46:02 AM
- 'Gotham' Stars Donal Logue and Robin Lord Taylor Talk 'Trying to Merge Li
Scandalous, Susan! Susan Sarandon revealed in a recent interview that she's had a couple of "famous, pretty interesting" romantic partners, including the legendary David Bowie.
"In terms of hooking up with movie stars, I got married really young, which knocked out most of my 20s to be f---ing around," Sarandon, 67, told The Daily Beast on Thursday, July 24. She noted, however, that "there have been a couple of famous, pretty interesting ones. One rock star [Bowie], and another actor [identity remains unknown]. But I'm pretty much a nester and tend to be monogamous."
Sarandon's love affair with Bowie took place around the time the two co-starred in the 1983 horror film "The Hunger." "That was a really interesting period," Sarandon said. "I wasn't supposed to have kids, and I'm the oldest of nine and had mothered all of them, so I wasn’t ever in a mode to where I was looking to settle down and raise a family, so that definitely changes the gene pool you’re dipping into."
Their affair took place several years after Sarandon's divorce from her first husband, college sweetheart Chris Sarandon, in 1979. She later went on to date director Franco Amurri (with whom she had a daughter Eva), and eventually coupled up with actor Tim Robbins -- the father of her two sons, Miles and Jack, and partner of 23 years until their 2009 split.
Bowie, on his end, married Iman in 1992. The rocker, 67, lives in NYC and has a daughter with the former supermodel. While he and Sarandon went their separate ways, the actress still has a high regard for his character.
"Yeah. He's worth idolizing. He's extraordinary," she gushed of the musician. "Bowie's just a really interesting person, and so bright. He's a talent, and a painter, and… he's great."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Take a peek at Jessica Simpson’s kissy Instagram feed on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite