Hilary Swank refuses to reveal donation details
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Michael Gottschalk/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: KH1/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: AB1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: BT1/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolo/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 'Original Sin' is tense, disturbing thrillerMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 7:04:10 AM
- 13 Fall TV Burning Questions: What's Stephen Colbert Really Like? Can NBC Stay No. 1?MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 7:00:00 AM
- Washington Post Replaces Publisher Katharine Weymouth with Frederick J. Ryan Jr.MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:46:00 AM
- Ask Matt: Emmys, Longmire, Summer TV (Leftovers, Outlander, Strain),Doctor WhoMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:30:00 AM
- Singer Chris Brown pleads guilty to misdemeanor assault in DC, sentenced to time servedMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 6:29:19 AM
- 'Original Sin' is tense, disturbing thriller
Hilary Swank has refused to release details of who benefited from her controversial attendance at Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov's birthday party.
RELATED: Who Said It? Oscar Speech Edition
The Oscar-winning actress issued an apology in October amid a storm of criticism of her presence at the event, and she promised to hand her personal appearance fee to charity.
Exiled former Chechen leader Akhmed Zakayev has written to Swank, demanding she provide details of her payment and the charities she's handed it to.
RELATED: 2011 Oscar Fashion Lessons
A spokeswoman for the actress tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Over the last four months, Hilary has been working directly and privately with various human rights organizations and other charities, giving both her time and financial resources. At the request of such organizations, and consistent with Hilary's longstanding practice of donating anonymously, she will not be publicly acknowledging her contributions and efforts."
Swank was slammed by officials at Human Rights Watch for partying with Kadyrov in October amid claims he is responsible for torturing his citizens.
RELATED: Stars Step Out in Winter Whites
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite