Hilary Swank refuses to reveal donation details
- Photo: FS2/WENN1 of 17
- Photo: Michael Stewart/WireImage2 of 17
- Photo: Michael Gottschalk/Invision/AP3 of 17
- Photo: KH1/WENN4 of 17
- Photo: AB1/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 17
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 17
- Photo: BT1/WENN7 of 17
- Photo: STEVE SANDS/Bauer-Griffin8 of 17
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP9 of 17
- Photo: Musa Sadulayev/Invision/AP10 of 17
- Photo: Kika Press/PacificCoastNews.com11 of 17
- Photo: ST1/HSS/WENN12 of 17
- Photo: Patrick Hoffmann/WENN13 of 17
- Photo: INB/Ivan Nikolo/WENN14 of 17
- Photo: Splash News15 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Leighton Meester to Make Broadway Debut Opposite James Franco in 'Of Mice and Men'MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 9:00:07 PM
- How Hollywood Infiltrated Miami's Art Basel (Photos)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:56:35 PM
- '20 Feet From Stardom' Stars to Sing National Anthem at Rose BowlMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 7:04:02 PM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' Awards
Hilary Swank has refused to release details of who benefited from her controversial attendance at Chechen President Ramzan Kadyrov's birthday party.
RELATED: Who Said It? Oscar Speech Edition
The Oscar-winning actress issued an apology in October amid a storm of criticism of her presence at the event, and she promised to hand her personal appearance fee to charity.
Exiled former Chechen leader Akhmed Zakayev has written to Swank, demanding she provide details of her payment and the charities she's handed it to.
RELATED: 2011 Oscar Fashion Lessons
A spokeswoman for the actress tells The Hollywood Reporter, "Over the last four months, Hilary has been working directly and privately with various human rights organizations and other charities, giving both her time and financial resources. At the request of such organizations, and consistent with Hilary's longstanding practice of donating anonymously, she will not be publicly acknowledging her contributions and efforts."
Swank was slammed by officials at Human Rights Watch for partying with Kadyrov in October amid claims he is responsible for torturing his citizens.
RELATED: Stars Step Out in Winter Whites
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite