Sylvester Stallone on Sage's Death: There is No Greater Pain
- Photo: TJ1/MPT/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: E. Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: AP's Chris Pizzello/Wireimage's Albert L. Ortega/.7 of 14
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: MoVi Inc./Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: VPC/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Sylvester Stallone is in mourning.
Days after his son Sage was found dead at age 36, the 66-year-old superstar released a new statement to TMZ -- asking for privacy and respect as he grieves the loss of his eldest child, whose mother is his first wife, Sasha Czak.
"When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain," the "Rocky" star says of Sage, a filmmaker and actor. "Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother, Sasha."
He adds: "This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives. Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."
Similarly, Sage's attorney and friend George Braunstein suggested that speculation that his late friend abused prescription drugs or was unhappy before he died is off the mark.
"[He] was in good health, great spirits," Braunstein told NBC Los Angeles. "He was thinking of getting married, working on a lot of film projects."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLife in Pics
From Crowd Ignite