Sylvester Stallone on Sage's Death: There is No Greater Pain
- Photo: TJ1/MPT/WENN1 of 14
- Photo: SGranitz/WireImage2 of 14
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Ltd.3 of 14
- Photo: E. Charbonneau/WireImage4 of 14
- Photo: Albert L. Ortega/WireImage5 of 14
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP6 of 14
- Photo: AP's Chris Pizzello/Wireimage's Albert L. Ortega/.7 of 14
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage9 of 14
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage10 of 14
- Photo: MoVi Inc./Splash News11 of 14
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 14
- Photo: VPC/WENN13 of 14
More Celeb News
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. ESTMSNEntertainment 12/13/2013 3:53:18 AM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 8:27 a.m. EST
Sylvester Stallone is in mourning.
Days after his son Sage was found dead at age 36, the 66-year-old superstar released a new statement to TMZ -- asking for privacy and respect as he grieves the loss of his eldest child, whose mother is his first wife, Sasha Czak.
"When a parent loses a child there is no greater pain," the "Rocky" star says of Sage, a filmmaker and actor. "Therefore I am imploring people to respect my talented son's memory and feel compassion for his loving mother, Sasha."
He adds: "This agonizing loss will be felt for the rest of our lives. Sage was our first child and the center of our universe and I am humbly begging for all to have my son's memory and soul left in peace."
Similarly, Sage's attorney and friend George Braunstein suggested that speculation that his late friend abused prescription drugs or was unhappy before he died is off the mark.
"[He] was in good health, great spirits," Braunstein told NBC Los Angeles. "He was thinking of getting married, working on a lot of film projects."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kristen Stewart, Paula Abdul, and Kim Kardashian all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
Find out why Lena Dunham, Jaden Smith, and Rihanna need fashion resolutions for 2014.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite