Sylvester Stallone Opens Up About Son Sage's Death on 'Good Morning America'
- Photo: AP's Chris Pizzello/Wireimage's Albert L. Ortega/.1 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: NICK UT/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: WhoSay.com/.9 of 16
- Photo: MoVi Inc./Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:21:00 AM
- Ratings: NBC and Fox Tie on Labor DayMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 11:04:00 AM
- Spike TV Names 'Crossbones' Producer Ted Gold as SVP, Scripted Original SeriesMSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:36:00 AM
- US Journalist Steven Sotloff Beheaded by ISIS in New Video (Reports)MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 10:34:00 AM
- Ceelo Green Accused of Tweeting: 'People Who Have Really Been Raped REMEMBER!!!'MSNEntertainment 9/2/2014 9:09:00 AM
- Warner Bros. Sets 'Nice Guys' Release for Summer 2016
Appearing in a pre-taped interview on "Good Morning America" on August 14, Sylvester Stallone, 66, spoke for the first time about his son Sage's death. The action star's filmmaker and actor son, 36, was found dead in his California home July 13.
"It's tough. It's very very tough," Sylvester said while promoting "The Expendables 2." "It's a horrible situation, but time, hopefully, will heal and you try to get through it. It's something that's a reality in life."
Focusing on work has helped Sylvester heal, the movie star added. "It's important to get back and try to start reliving your life. Otherwise you can go into a spiral."
Sage, who made his movie debut alongside his father in "Rocky V," was one of two sons from Sylvester's first marriage to Sasha Czack. He was laid to rest on July 21 at St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church in the upscale Brentwood area of Los Angeles. The cause of Sage's death is not yet known.
On August 13, Sylvester and his family -- including wife Jennifer Flavin, 44, and daughters Sophia, 15, Sistine, 14, and Scarlet, 10 -- attended the London premiere of "The Expendables 2." Sylvester's son Seargeoh, 33, was not present.
"The Expendables 2" is in theaters August 17. It also stars Liam Hemsworth, 22, Jason Statham, 44, Jet Li, 49, Jean-Claude Van Damme, 51, Bruce Willis, 57, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 65, Chuck Norris, 72, Terry Crews, 44, and Dolph Lundgren, 54.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
See where Hollywood's A-listers have spent the summer.Watch Video »
Get Mariah and Nick's marital woe breakdown on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Gwyneth Paltrow, get the romance rumors on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite