Sylvester Stallone Opens Up About Son Sage's Death on 'Good Morning America'
- Photo: AP's Chris Pizzello/Wireimage's Albert L. Ortega/.1 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: NICK UT/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: WhoSay.com/.9 of 16
- Photo: MoVi Inc./Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman UniversityMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:27:00 AM
- Pretty Little Liars Finale Postmortem: A's Latest Victim Speaks Out!MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:09:00 AM
- Jeremy Irvine, Minka Kelly Thriller 'The World Made Straight' Acquired by MillenniMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 11:06:00 AM
- Drafthouse Films, Participant Media Acquire US Rights to 'The Look of Silence'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- David Frankel to Direct Sci-Fi Drama 'Departure'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 10:53:00 AM
- Academy President Cheryl Boone Isaacs to Become Filmmaker-in-Residence at Chapman University
Appearing in a pre-taped interview on "Good Morning America" on August 14, Sylvester Stallone, 66, spoke for the first time about his son Sage's death. The action star's filmmaker and actor son, 36, was found dead in his California home July 13.
"It's tough. It's very very tough," Sylvester said while promoting "The Expendables 2." "It's a horrible situation, but time, hopefully, will heal and you try to get through it. It's something that's a reality in life."
Focusing on work has helped Sylvester heal, the movie star added. "It's important to get back and try to start reliving your life. Otherwise you can go into a spiral."
Sage, who made his movie debut alongside his father in "Rocky V," was one of two sons from Sylvester's first marriage to Sasha Czack. He was laid to rest on July 21 at St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church in the upscale Brentwood area of Los Angeles. The cause of Sage's death is not yet known.
On August 13, Sylvester and his family -- including wife Jennifer Flavin, 44, and daughters Sophia, 15, Sistine, 14, and Scarlet, 10 -- attended the London premiere of "The Expendables 2." Sylvester's son Seargeoh, 33, was not present.
"The Expendables 2" is in theaters August 17. It also stars Liam Hemsworth, 22, Jason Statham, 44, Jet Li, 49, Jean-Claude Van Damme, 51, Bruce Willis, 57, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 65, Chuck Norris, 72, Terry Crews, 44, and Dolph Lundgren, 54.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'The Bachelor'
From Crowd Ignite