Sylvester Stallone Opens Up About Son Sage's Death on 'Good Morning America'
- Photo: AP's Chris Pizzello/Wireimage's Albert L. Ortega/.1 of 16
- Photo: Jon Furniss/Invision/Invision/AP2 of 16
- Photo: ELIOT PRESS/Bauer-Griffin3 of 16
- Photo: NICK UT/Invision/AP4 of 16
- Photo: KEVORK DJANSEZIAN/Invision/AP5 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage6 of 16
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage7 of 16
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage8 of 16
- Photo: WhoSay.com/.9 of 16
- Photo: MoVi Inc./Splash News10 of 16
- Photo: WENN11 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN12 of 16
- Photo: VPC/WENN13 of 16
- Photo: WENN14 of 16
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debutMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:45:21 AM
- Wes Anderson 'Grand Budapest Hotel' Books Huge Limited Box-Office OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 9:03:00 AM
- Utah polygamous family says going on TV liberatingMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:43:52 AM
- Gettysburg wax museum selling historical figuresMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:19:01 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Bloodies Box Office With $45 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 8:01:00 AM
- '300' sequel rules box office with $45.1M debut
Appearing in a pre-taped interview on "Good Morning America" on August 14, Sylvester Stallone, 66, spoke for the first time about his son Sage's death. The action star's filmmaker and actor son, 36, was found dead in his California home July 13.
"It's tough. It's very very tough," Sylvester said while promoting "The Expendables 2." "It's a horrible situation, but time, hopefully, will heal and you try to get through it. It's something that's a reality in life."
Focusing on work has helped Sylvester heal, the movie star added. "It's important to get back and try to start reliving your life. Otherwise you can go into a spiral."
Sage, who made his movie debut alongside his father in "Rocky V," was one of two sons from Sylvester's first marriage to Sasha Czack. He was laid to rest on July 21 at St. Martin of Tours Catholic Church in the upscale Brentwood area of Los Angeles. The cause of Sage's death is not yet known.
On August 13, Sylvester and his family -- including wife Jennifer Flavin, 44, and daughters Sophia, 15, Sistine, 14, and Scarlet, 10 -- attended the London premiere of "The Expendables 2." Sylvester's son Seargeoh, 33, was not present.
"The Expendables 2" is in theaters August 17. It also stars Liam Hemsworth, 22, Jason Statham, 44, Jet Li, 49, Jean-Claude Van Damme, 51, Bruce Willis, 57, Arnold Schwarzenegger, 65, Chuck Norris, 72, Terry Crews, 44, and Dolph Lundgren, 54.
ALSO ON WONDERWALL:
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Hank Azaria talks about his new documentary series "Fatherhood," his family and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
A pregnant Soleil Moon Frye sits down with Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner to talk about prepping for a baby boy and her busy career ...Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Hugh Jackman, see some of the best celeb bikini bods.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite