Tabloid editors not required to reveal Tom Cruise story sources
- Photo: In Touch/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: ACN/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 1:40:07 PM
- Zac Efron Shops Dildos in 'Neighbors,' Proving Once Again He's Far More TMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:43:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Storms Overseas Box Office With $88 MillionMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:41:00 AM
- AP Top Premium Entertainment Headlines At 2:47 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:40:29 AM
- Marvel expands Infinite with 'Ultimate Spider-Man'MSNEntertainment 3/9/2014 11:33:56 AM
- 'Band of Brothers' vet William Guarnere dies at 90
Editors of the magazines at the center of Tom Cruise's latest libel battle will not have to reveal the identity of the anonymous sources quoted in stories suggesting the movie star is a bad father.
The "Mission: Impossible" actor is suing In Touch and Life & Style magazines for $50 million after bosses published cover articles that led readers to believe Cruise had abandoned his daughter Suri following his divorce from Katie Holmes last year.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Cruise's legal team, led by longtime attorney Bert Fields, wanted Bauer Publishing executives to give up their anonymous insiders, but Judge Jacqueline Chooljian refused to grant the request during a hearing in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
However, Judge Chooljian did order Bauer bosses to enter their so-called sources into the record, so no "surprise" witnesses could be brought forward at trial.
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Julianne Moore, Amy Adams, Kim Kardashian and Kris Jenner all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite