Tabloid editors not required to reveal Tom Cruise story sources
- Photo: In Touch/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: ACN/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)MSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 12:09:00 PM
- Bryan Singer's Lawyer Claims the 'X-Men' Director Was Not in Hawaii DurinMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 11:03:00 AM
- 'Captain America' and 'Rio 2' Battle for No. 1 at Box Office AftMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 8:42:00 AM
- 'Transcendence' Tanks for Johnny Depp's 4th Box-Office Flop in RowMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:59:00 AM
- First Lady Michelle Obama to Appear on NashvilleMSNEntertainment 4/19/2014 7:54:00 AM
- Apple Maps Discovers 'Loch Ness Monster,' World Discovers Apple Maps (Photos)
Editors of the magazines at the center of Tom Cruise's latest libel battle will not have to reveal the identity of the anonymous sources quoted in stories suggesting the movie star is a bad father.
The "Mission: Impossible" actor is suing In Touch and Life & Style magazines for $50 million after bosses published cover articles that led readers to believe Cruise had abandoned his daughter Suri following his divorce from Katie Holmes last year.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Cruise's legal team, led by longtime attorney Bert Fields, wanted Bauer Publishing executives to give up their anonymous insiders, but Judge Jacqueline Chooljian refused to grant the request during a hearing in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
However, Judge Chooljian did order Bauer bosses to enter their so-called sources into the record, so no "surprise" witnesses could be brought forward at trial.
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite