Tabloid editors not required to reveal Tom Cruise story sources
- Photo: In Touch/WENN1 of 9
- Photo: Masatoshi Okauchi/Rex USA2 of 9
- Photo: Splash News3 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage4 of 9
- Photo: ACN/WENN5 of 9
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage7 of 9
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Factory-worker-turned poet wins $100K prizeMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 9:05:04 AM
- Flobots classroom project takes off in DenverMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:55:21 AM
- Review: 'Veronica' a solid cinematic turnMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:22:59 AM
- Belgian jazz musician Thielemans retires at 91MSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 8:13:21 AM
- Dogs 'muttbomb' celebrities to boost adoptionsMSNEntertainment 3/12/2014 7:55:32 AM
- Factory-worker-turned poet wins $100K prize
Editors of the magazines at the center of Tom Cruise's latest libel battle will not have to reveal the identity of the anonymous sources quoted in stories suggesting the movie star is a bad father.
The "Mission: Impossible" actor is suing In Touch and Life & Style magazines for $50 million after bosses published cover articles that led readers to believe Cruise had abandoned his daughter Suri following his divorce from Katie Holmes last year.
RELATED: Stars who are aging in reverse
Cruise's legal team, led by longtime attorney Bert Fields, wanted Bauer Publishing executives to give up their anonymous insiders, but Judge Jacqueline Chooljian refused to grant the request during a hearing in Los Angeles on Tuesday.
However, Judge Chooljian did order Bauer bosses to enter their so-called sources into the record, so no "surprise" witnesses could be brought forward at trial.
From Brad Pitt to Ian Somerhalder, see some of Hollywood's sexiest vampires.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Channing Tatum to Jennifer Lawrence, see which celebs got their start modeling.Watch Video »
From the Atkins Diet to aerial fitness classes, see what stars like Kim Kardashian, Jessica Alba and Beyonce do to keep in shape.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite