Tamela Mann marries David Mann -- again!
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 5:12:35 PM
- 'Law & Order: SVU' Star Dann Florek Exits ShowMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 4:33:02 PM
- 'Blue Jasmine' Will Be Back in 300 Theaters After Cate Blanchett's AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:54:06 PM
- NBC's 'The Sound of Music Live' to Re-Air on SaturdayMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:51 PM
- 'Real Housewives of Atlanta' Mama Joyce Rampage Earns Season-High RatingsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 3:32:22 PM
- Entertainment One Developing Bible-Mafia Drama Mashup 'King David'
Tamela and David Mann reaffirmed their vows in front of loved ones in Dallas, Texas, on April 20, Us Weekly can exclusively confirm. The gospel singer and the actor/comedian, both 46, were legally wed in 1988 but never had a proper ceremony.
"When we got married 25 years ago, we didn't have enough money for a wedding," explains Tamela, whose pastor married the couple in his study. At the time, the "Take Me To The King!" singer even had to borrow a ring.
This year, however, Tamela finally got her dream wedding. The bride "spent months" working with Binzario Couture to design the perfect gown. "I knew every intimate detail of it, but when I saw it at my final fitting last week, I lost it," she recalls. "It was everything I could have ever dreamed of in a bridal gown."
The ceremony and the reception was a labor of love for the couple, who began dating in high school and went on to star in a slew of Tyler Perry films. "We wanted a fairytale wedding, so we picked an enchanted forest theme," Tamela says. With the help of KP Designs, the Grammy winners were able to incorporate live trees and "all kinds of flowers" in the decor.
"We hosted everyone at the Joule Hotel because it had the feel we were trying to create -- old-world romantic, beautiful, chic and lush -- and a place everyone would love," Tamela tells Us. "And it had space for a dance floor, which if you know David, was something we had to have!"
The Cake Guys created the couple's wedding cake, and Christy Davison from Dallas' Sweet Creations made the groom's cake. Tamela -- who starred in Perry's hit television series "Meet The Browns" with her husband -- says they wanted to "keep the invite intimate." Their high school friend Kirk Franklin and his wife Tammy attended, as did Timbaland and his wife Monique Idlett Mosley.
Tamela and Kevin's grandchildren each participated in the ceremony. "Our grand babies were dressed as little princes and princesses," the bride says. "Our children weren't happy they didn't get to be in the ceremony, but they eventually were okay with it because their kids got to be on stage with us." (The pair have three daughters and one son.)
The Manns will star in a new reality TV series that will debut late 2013/early 2014. For exclusive pictures from their vow renewal ceremony, visit Us Weekly on Sunday, Apr. 21.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Bye, Bye 'RHOC'
Former "Housewife" Lydia McLaughlin dishes about leaving the "RHOC," her stance on plastic surgery and more!Watch Video »
See some of the hottest celebs that joined frats and sororities while in college.Watch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite