Tamela Mann marries David Mann -- again!
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Hulu Plus Scores 'Sleepy Hollow's' Exclusive Streaming RightsMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 2:07:00 PM
- 'Redskins' Banned by Washington Post Editorial PageMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:50:00 PM
- 'The Phone Call' Director Mat Kirkby's Next Project Will Make '5MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:42:00 PM
- Stephen Gaghan to Direct 'White City' Pilot for AMCMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 1:14:00 PM
- 'Orange Is the New Black' to Bring Lori Petty Back for Season 3MSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 12:22:00 PM
- Hulu Plus Scores 'Sleepy Hollow's' Exclusive Streaming Rights
Tamela and David Mann reaffirmed their vows in front of loved ones in Dallas, Texas, on April 20, Us Weekly can exclusively confirm. The gospel singer and the actor/comedian, both 46, were legally wed in 1988 but never had a proper ceremony.
"When we got married 25 years ago, we didn't have enough money for a wedding," explains Tamela, whose pastor married the couple in his study. At the time, the "Take Me To The King!" singer even had to borrow a ring.
This year, however, Tamela finally got her dream wedding. The bride "spent months" working with Binzario Couture to design the perfect gown. "I knew every intimate detail of it, but when I saw it at my final fitting last week, I lost it," she recalls. "It was everything I could have ever dreamed of in a bridal gown."
The ceremony and the reception was a labor of love for the couple, who began dating in high school and went on to star in a slew of Tyler Perry films. "We wanted a fairytale wedding, so we picked an enchanted forest theme," Tamela says. With the help of KP Designs, the Grammy winners were able to incorporate live trees and "all kinds of flowers" in the decor.
"We hosted everyone at the Joule Hotel because it had the feel we were trying to create -- old-world romantic, beautiful, chic and lush -- and a place everyone would love," Tamela tells Us. "And it had space for a dance floor, which if you know David, was something we had to have!"
The Cake Guys created the couple's wedding cake, and Christy Davison from Dallas' Sweet Creations made the groom's cake. Tamela -- who starred in Perry's hit television series "Meet The Browns" with her husband -- says they wanted to "keep the invite intimate." Their high school friend Kirk Franklin and his wife Tammy attended, as did Timbaland and his wife Monique Idlett Mosley.
Tamela and Kevin's grandchildren each participated in the ceremony. "Our grand babies were dressed as little princes and princesses," the bride says. "Our children weren't happy they didn't get to be in the ceremony, but they eventually were okay with it because their kids got to be on stage with us." (The pair have three daughters and one son.)
The Manns will star in a new reality TV series that will debut late 2013/early 2014. For exclusive pictures from their vow renewal ceremony, visit Us Weekly on Sunday, Apr. 21.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJ.Law Green Light
From Crowd Ignite