Tamela Mann marries David Mann -- again!
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Arnold Turner/Invision/AP4 of 8
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP5 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP6 of 8
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Tamela and David Mann reaffirmed their vows in front of loved ones in Dallas, Texas, on April 20, Us Weekly can exclusively confirm. The gospel singer and the actor/comedian, both 46, were legally wed in 1988 but never had a proper ceremony.
"When we got married 25 years ago, we didn't have enough money for a wedding," explains Tamela, whose pastor married the couple in his study. At the time, the "Take Me To The King!" singer even had to borrow a ring.
This year, however, Tamela finally got her dream wedding. The bride "spent months" working with Binzario Couture to design the perfect gown. "I knew every intimate detail of it, but when I saw it at my final fitting last week, I lost it," she recalls. "It was everything I could have ever dreamed of in a bridal gown."
The ceremony and the reception was a labor of love for the couple, who began dating in high school and went on to star in a slew of Tyler Perry films. "We wanted a fairytale wedding, so we picked an enchanted forest theme," Tamela says. With the help of KP Designs, the Grammy winners were able to incorporate live trees and "all kinds of flowers" in the decor.
"We hosted everyone at the Joule Hotel because it had the feel we were trying to create -- old-world romantic, beautiful, chic and lush -- and a place everyone would love," Tamela tells Us. "And it had space for a dance floor, which if you know David, was something we had to have!"
The Cake Guys created the couple's wedding cake, and Christy Davison from Dallas' Sweet Creations made the groom's cake. Tamela -- who starred in Perry's hit television series "Meet The Browns" with her husband -- says they wanted to "keep the invite intimate." Their high school friend Kirk Franklin and his wife Tammy attended, as did Timbaland and his wife Monique Idlett Mosley.
Tamela and Kevin's grandchildren each participated in the ceremony. "Our grand babies were dressed as little princes and princesses," the bride says. "Our children weren't happy they didn't get to be in the ceremony, but they eventually were okay with it because their kids got to be on stage with us." (The pair have three daughters and one son.)
The Manns will star in a new reality TV series that will debut late 2013/early 2014. For exclusive pictures from their vow renewal ceremony, visit Us Weekly on Sunday, Apr. 21.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jake Talks 'Code'
Watch as Jake Gyllenhaal talks about his upcoming flick "Source Code."Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite