Taylor Lautner's Abs May Have Saved His CareerRelated: Celeb Gloss, Taylor Lautner
- Photo: Peggy Sirota/GQ1 of 4
- Photo: Peggy Sirota/GQ2 of 4
- Photo: Peggy Sirota/GQ3 of 4
More Celeb News
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever AfterMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:32:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight's' Director, Stars Julie Delpy, Ethan Hawke Celebrate &aMSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:13:43 PM
- Cannes: IFC Buys North American Rights to 'The Selfish Giant'MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 4:09:45 PM
- Paddy Considine and Fares Fares Join Tom Hardy Thriller 'Child 44' (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:55:22 PM
- Steven Soderbergh Is Looking to Direct Clive Owen in Cinemax Series MSNEntertainment 5/23/2013 3:53:15 PM
- 'Before Midnight' Review: Joy and Pain, Long After Happily Ever After
By Michelle Lanz
Most of the "Twilight" buzz and adoration is directed toward Robert Pattinson's signature coif and Kristen Stewart's lower lip bite. But what about sleeper hottie Taylor Lautner? His abs are just about to rocket him to sex-symbol stardom.
OK, so he's only 17 and we have to be careful what we say, but seriously, where did this kid come from?
In the November issue of GQ, Taylor talks about how bulking up basically saved his career, and more specifically, how it saved his role as Jake the shape-shifting werewolf in "Twilight."
Just a few years ago he was relatively unknown with credits like "Cheaper by the Dozen 2" (ouch). But that all changed when he landed a role in a little film based on a book he'd never heard of.
During the filming of the first "Twilight" film, GQ reports that the studio didn't think he had the right build to pull off the boy-turned-werewolf-turned-romantic-lead in the sequel. And to be honest his horrible fake wig really didn't do it for us at all in the first film.
So Taylor hit the gym, ate every two hours and packed on 30 pounds of lean, mean, muscle.
“I tried to stay focused on the things I could control,” he said.
Focus and control, indeed. Now the "Twilight" sequel's marketing team has latched onto his chiseled six-pack so much so that it's displayed in magazines everywhere (and this here Web site, of course).
RELATED: Robert Pattinson: Hot, Sexy, Undead
Who was that Robert guy again?
You'd think all this attention would go to his head, but Lautner plays coy when it comes to his new bod. He insists it's all about being a convincing werewolf: “When a man transforms into a wolf,” Lautner clarifies, “all of his clothes get shredded. When he comes back to human form, he's wearing ripped jeans, and that's about it. It's the way it was written. The great thing about this series is we stay true to the books.”
Right. Staying true to the books. We're glad you're doing that, too, Taylor. Keep up the good (ab) work.
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Roasted?Lindsay Lohan refuses to be roasted, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Beach WorkoutsFrom Julianne Hough to Alessandra Ambrosio, see celebs who get their fitness on in the sand.Watch Video »
- Miley's MusicMiley Cyrus mixes music and fashion while ignoring her relationship status, on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite