Terrence Howard: I Never Threatened to Kill My Wife
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures2 of 20
- Photo: .3 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: NPA/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Gregory Smith/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital8 of 20
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: RD / DiMaio/Retna Digital10 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 20
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage12 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com16 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com17 of 20
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Terrence Jennings/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
More Celeb News
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 5:05:00 PM
- 'Of Mice and Men' Theater Review: James Franco, Chris O'Dowd Bring VibranMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:30:00 PM
- Top Hollywood Publicist Leslie Sloane Exits BWR After 17 Years (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures Developing First TV Project With 'True Blood,&aMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:53:00 PM
- Los Angeles Register Launches With Upbeat News MixMSNEntertainment 4/16/2014 3:50:00 PM
- Senator Al Franken to Netflix CEO: What's Your Take on the Comcast-Time Warner Deal?
Nine months after Michelle Ghent filed for divorce from Terrence Howard, the commercial production employee filed a restraining order against the Oscar nominated actor Tuesday.
In court documents obtained by TMZ, Ghent alleged Howard began physically abusing her just seven days into their marriage. She claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" at one point and threatened to throw her over a balcony.
Ghent says the abuse continued throughout their one-year union, with Howard smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring. He also reportedly told her, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know."
Howard, 42, quickly filed legal papers denying that he ever threatened the life of his estranged wife. He also claims Ghent is planning to "release private materials to third parties for her own personal financial gain" unless she received monetary compensation.
The two kept their marriage a secret for four months until the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010. Howard has three kids with ex-wife, Lori McCommas, whom he wed in 1989, divorced, then married again in 2005.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the former cast of "The Girls Next Door" is today.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Cindy Crawford and Vanessa Hudgens show their siblings some love on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite