Terrence Howard: I Never Threatened to Kill My Wife
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage.com1 of 20
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures2 of 20
- Photo: .3 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage4 of 20
- Photo: NPA/WENN5 of 20
- Photo: Dan Steinberg/Invision/AP6 of 20
- Photo: Gregory Smith/Invision/AP7 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital8 of 20
- Photo: Asadorian-Mejia/Splash News9 of 20
- Photo: RD / DiMaio/Retna Digital10 of 20
- Photo: Retna Digital11 of 20
- Photo: Donato Sardella/WireImage12 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP13 of 20
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP14 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com15 of 20
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com16 of 20
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com17 of 20
- Photo: David Goldman/Invision/AP18 of 20
- Photo: Terrence Jennings/Retna Ltd.19 of 20
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
Nine months after Michelle Ghent filed for divorce from Terrence Howard, the commercial production employee filed a restraining order against the Oscar nominated actor Tuesday.
In court documents obtained by TMZ, Ghent alleged Howard began physically abusing her just seven days into their marriage. She claims Howard "slugged me across my face and neck" at one point and threatened to throw her over a balcony.
Ghent says the abuse continued throughout their one-year union, with Howard smacking her in the face and chipping her tooth with his wedding ring. He also reportedly told her, "If you tell anyone about my personal business, I will kill you and no one will ever know."
Howard, 42, quickly filed legal papers denying that he ever threatened the life of his estranged wife. He also claims Ghent is planning to "release private materials to third parties for her own personal financial gain" unless she received monetary compensation.
The two kept their marriage a secret for four months until the Cannes Film Festival in May 2010. Howard has three kids with ex-wife, Lori McCommas, whom he wed in 1989, divorced, then married again in 2005.
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite