Therapist advised David Arquette on introducing new girlfriend to daughter
- Photo: JRD/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 15
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News5 of 15
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Whittle / Chris Whittle / Splash News/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Mike/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage12 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
David Arquette consulted his therapist for advice on when to introduce his new girlfriend, Christina McLarty, to his seven-year-old daughter, because he feared it would be inappropriate.
RELATED: Star-Studded Super Bowl
The "Scream" star, who split from wife Courteney Cox in October 2010, began dating TV reporter McLarty last summer, but he held off on telling little Coco about his new romance for several months until he was certain their love was for real.
During an appearance on "The View" on Friday, he said, "We (Cox and Arquette) had been separated for more than a year and up until then, we had discussed getting back together and it just wasn't in the stars. ... So I talked to my therapist and I said, 'When is it appropriate to introduce my daughter to my new girlfriend?' And he said, 'After a couple months of a monogamous relationship and once you feel it out and think that it's appropriate.'"
But Arquette had nothing to worry about -- McLarty's first meeting with the child went off without a hitch.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits!
He continued, "It was probably about three months after (the relationship began) when she (Coco) had met Christina. You know, you want her to be comfortable, because one of her things is like the evil step-mother type thing -- it's a real fear for children -- and you want them to be able to get along. It's a lot to deal with; it's not easy, but communicating is really important."
And Cox has already given the actor's new relationship her blessing.
Earlier this week, Cox revealed, "I met her (McLarty), she's really nice, she's really pretty. ... She had a good sense of humor, she was nice. Very tall, I'm not. Very young, I'm not."
McLarty was previously married to adult filmmaker Joe Francis, but ended the relationship just seven weeks after they wed.
Cox and Arquette split after 11 years of marriage.
RELATED: Sober Stars
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite