Therapist advised David Arquette on introducing new girlfriend to daughter
- Photo: JRD/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 15
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News5 of 15
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Katy Winn/Invision/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Whittle / Chris Whittle / Splash News/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Mike/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 15
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
David Arquette consulted his therapist for advice on when to introduce his new girlfriend, Christina McLarty, to his seven-year-old daughter, because he feared it would be inappropriate.
RELATED: Star-Studded Super Bowl
The "Scream" star, who split from wife Courteney Cox in October 2010, began dating TV reporter McLarty last summer, but he held off on telling little Coco about his new romance for several months until he was certain their love was for real.
During an appearance on "The View" on Friday, he said, "We (Cox and Arquette) had been separated for more than a year and up until then, we had discussed getting back together and it just wasn't in the stars. ... So I talked to my therapist and I said, 'When is it appropriate to introduce my daughter to my new girlfriend?' And he said, 'After a couple months of a monogamous relationship and once you feel it out and think that it's appropriate.'"
But Arquette had nothing to worry about -- McLarty's first meeting with the child went off without a hitch.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits!
He continued, "It was probably about three months after (the relationship began) when she (Coco) had met Christina. You know, you want her to be comfortable, because one of her things is like the evil step-mother type thing -- it's a real fear for children -- and you want them to be able to get along. It's a lot to deal with; it's not easy, but communicating is really important."
And Cox has already given the actor's new relationship her blessing.
Earlier this week, Cox revealed, "I met her (McLarty), she's really nice, she's really pretty. ... She had a good sense of humor, she was nice. Very tall, I'm not. Very young, I'm not."
McLarty was previously married to adult filmmaker Joe Francis, but ended the relationship just seven weeks after they wed.
Cox and Arquette split after 11 years of marriage.
RELATED: Sober Stars
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite