Therapist advised David Arquette on introducing new girlfriend to daughter
- Photo: JRD/ZOJ/http://www.wenn.com/1 of 15
- Photo: Chelsea Lauren/WireImage2 of 15
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News3 of 15
- Photo: JosiahW/Splash News4 of 15
- Photo: Clint Brewer/Splash News5 of 15
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN6 of 15
- Photo: Katy Winn/AP7 of 15
- Photo: Nikki Nelson/WENN8 of 15
- Photo: Whittle / Chris Whittle / Splash News/Splash News9 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com10 of 15
- Photo: Mike/Splash News11 of 15
- Photo: George Pimentel/WireImage.com12 of 15
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage.com13 of 15
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com14 of 15
More Celeb News
- Martin Scorsese to Present Mel Brooks with AFI AwardMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 7:09:07 AM
- 'Rebels,' New 'Star Wars' Animated Series, Coming Next YearMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 7:00:02 AM
- Review: The National returns with somber 6th albumMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 6:57:18 AM
- Review: Darius Rucker settles in on latest albumMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 6:55:03 AM
- Yahoo Promises Not to Screw Up TumblrMSNEntertainment 5/20/2013 6:42:07 AM
- Martin Scorsese to Present Mel Brooks with AFI Award
David Arquette consulted his therapist for advice on when to introduce his new girlfriend, Christina McLarty, to his seven-year-old daughter, because he feared it would be inappropriate.
RELATED: Star-Studded Super Bowl
The "Scream" star, who split from wife Courteney Cox in October 2010, began dating TV reporter McLarty last summer, but he held off on telling little Coco about his new romance for several months until he was certain their love was for real.
During an appearance on "The View" on Friday, he said, "We (Cox and Arquette) had been separated for more than a year and up until then, we had discussed getting back together and it just wasn't in the stars. ... So I talked to my therapist and I said, 'When is it appropriate to introduce my daughter to my new girlfriend?' And he said, 'After a couple months of a monogamous relationship and once you feel it out and think that it's appropriate.'"
But Arquette had nothing to worry about -- McLarty's first meeting with the child went off without a hitch.
RELATED: Shocking Celebrity Splits!
He continued, "It was probably about three months after (the relationship began) when she (Coco) had met Christina. You know, you want her to be comfortable, because one of her things is like the evil step-mother type thing -- it's a real fear for children -- and you want them to be able to get along. It's a lot to deal with; it's not easy, but communicating is really important."
And Cox has already given the actor's new relationship her blessing.
Earlier this week, Cox revealed, "I met her (McLarty), she's really nice, she's really pretty. ... She had a good sense of humor, she was nice. Very tall, I'm not. Very young, I'm not."
McLarty was previously married to adult filmmaker Joe Francis, but ended the relationship just seven weeks after they wed.
Cox and Arquette split after 11 years of marriage.
RELATED: Sober Stars
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 17, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 16, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 15, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 14, 2013
- 7 Most Outrageous Gwyneth Paltrow Quotes
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 10, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 9, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 8, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 7, 2013
- 7 Best Bikini Bods
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 3, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 2, 2013
- 7 Wonders of the Wall for May 1, 2013
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
Florence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
Check out Hollywood's hottest bikini bods on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
Victoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite