Charlize Theron bullied and ignored during geeky school years
- Photo: RWO/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com2 of 16
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage.com3 of 16
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue5 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue6 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue7 of 16
- Photo: AKM IMAGES/Splash News8 of 16
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Wonderwall11 of 16
- Photo: WENN12 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP13 of 16
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Stunning actress Charlize Theron was bullied at school by her female classmates and ignored by boys because of her "nerdy" glasses.
The Oscar winner is one of Hollywood's most beautiful stars, and fronts a series of perfume and fashion adverts, but she admits her looks only came later in life, leaving her at the mercy of her class' popular girls.
She tells People magazine, "I actually got a lot of the mean girl stuff from the ages of seven to 12. I was pretty much a mess in primary school. But I got that out of my system by the time I got to high school and was more immune to all of that stuff.
"I wore really nerdy glasses because I was blind as could be and the boys didn't like (me). I didn't have any boyfriends, but (I had) lots of crushes.
"I wasn't in the popular crowd. There was a really popular girl at school and I was obsessed with her. I mean you would go to jail for that stuff today. I was in tears one day because I couldn't sit next to her."
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite