- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com1 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com2 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com3 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com4 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com5 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com6 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com7 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com8 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com9 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com10 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com11 of 13
- Photo: James Devaney/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
By Kat Giantis
It was another busy weekend of paparazzi-documented domestic bliss for Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes. They were snapped strolling, smiling and playing a game of hide-and-seek at a Boston park with their 3-year-old daughter Suri, who, despite the falling temperatures, was styling a couple of kicky sundresses, along with her favorite pair of glittery silver pumps.
But the tableau of family contentment, which included an appearance by the actress's mom, comes amid rumblings that the Scientology-devoted duo has been at odds over their mop-topped tot's education.
Seems the London Daily Mail is convinced that Katie has "won a battle" with Tom to enroll Suri in a Catholic Charities-affiliated preschool, specifically the Yawkey Center for Early Education and Care in Boston, where mother and daughter were spotted earlier this month.
"They had been having huge problems agreeing on her school," alleges a source. "To say they were having arguments is putting it mildly -- but Tom came around to the idea in the end."
RELATED: See more photos of Tom Cruise
The paper chalks up the supposed disagreement to Holmes not being "convinced by Scientology," which she joined immediately after hooking up with Cruise in 2005.
She's also said to be "listening to her parents, who are devout Catholics," and wants Suri educated "as a Catholic, as she was."
But if that were actually the case, then Katie probably would have selected a different preschool, because religion doesn't appear to be a central item on the center's early education curriculum.
RELATED: Follow Wonderwall on Twitter
According to the Yawkey School's Web site, the tykes are taught "language development and social skills, expanding into reading and math readiness, problem solving, and mastery of self-help and physical tasks like zipping, buttoning and writing."
Cruise's rep didn't respond to our request for comment on the story, but it should be noted that Suri hasn't been seen at the preschool since that one outing with Holmes.
The actor, who is in Boston filming the thriller "Wichita" with Cameron Diaz, has maintained from the beginning that his daughter would be raised in his religion, just like his older kids, Connor, 13, and Bella, 15 (mom is Nicole Kidman).
Shortly before Suri's birth in April 2006, Tom told Diane Sawyer that his offspring wouldn't have a Catholic baptism.
"I mean, you can be Catholic and be a Scientologist. You can be Jewish and be a Scientologist," he explained. "But we're just Scientologists."
Either way, Suri is developing quite the personality, which was on adorable display as she enjoyed a cupcake stop on Saturday. Be sure to check out her sugar-fueled shenanigans (and lots more, including a momentary meltdown) by clicking through the photos ...
Read more Hot Gossip
From Crowd Ignite