Tom Arnold named son after favorite TV character
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 8
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: TFB/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
Tom Arnold took inspiration for his baby son's name from gritty TV show, "Sons Of Anarchy."
RELATED: Celebritots with unusual names
The actor became a first-time father on April 6 when his wife Ashley gave birth to Jax Copeland, who was named after Charlie Hunnam's outlaw biker character on the show.
Arnold tells People.com, "My dad's name is Jack and I wanted to honor him, but not too much. I am a fan of and worked on 'Sons of Anarchy' and my favorite character's name is Jax. We just thought it was a cool name. Of course I called Kurt Sutter, the show creator, to get his blessing.
"I'm best friends with Dax Shepard so that was also in the back of my head, too. We almost named him Jaxson, but the night before the birth I found out one of my brothers had named his mangy dog Jaxson. Obviously that made a change absolutely necessary!"
Arnold, who played villainous Georgie Caruso in "Sons of Anarchy," picked the name Copeland as it was his grandmother's maiden name and "she was a good lady."
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite