Tom Arnold named son after favorite TV character
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 8
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: TFB/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years LateMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- 8 Crazy Things to Expect on Sleepy Hollow Season 2MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Emmy Winner and Singer Polly Bergen Dies at 84MSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Kim Kardashian Among the Latest Targeted in Nude Photo LeakMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 3:22:00 PM
- U2 guitarist gets boost in bid for Malibu mansionsMSNEntertainment 9/20/2014 2:26:14 PM
- Investigating Veronica Mars: Creator Rob Thomas on the Show's Enduring Legacy 10 Years Late
Tom Arnold took inspiration for his baby son's name from gritty TV show, "Sons Of Anarchy."
RELATED: Celebritots with unusual names
The actor became a first-time father on April 6 when his wife Ashley gave birth to Jax Copeland, who was named after Charlie Hunnam's outlaw biker character on the show.
Arnold tells People.com, "My dad's name is Jack and I wanted to honor him, but not too much. I am a fan of and worked on 'Sons of Anarchy' and my favorite character's name is Jax. We just thought it was a cool name. Of course I called Kurt Sutter, the show creator, to get his blessing.
"I'm best friends with Dax Shepard so that was also in the back of my head, too. We almost named him Jaxson, but the night before the birth I found out one of my brothers had named his mangy dog Jaxson. Obviously that made a change absolutely necessary!"
Arnold, who played villainous Georgie Caruso in "Sons of Anarchy," picked the name Copeland as it was his grandmother's maiden name and "she was a good lady."
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen, Alessandra Ambrosio and more models share sweet snaps with their kids, hosted by Wonderwall correspondent Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite