Tom Arnold named son after favorite TV character
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 8
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: TFB/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &MSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:48:00 PM
- 'Mad Men' Final Season Wish-List: What Don Draper's Fate Should Be (GuestMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:22:00 PM
- The Biz: PBS Celebrates Music's Hall of FAME With Muscle ShoalsMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 3:17:00 PM
- Lara Spencer Promoted to Co-Host on Good Morning AmericaMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:36:00 PM
- Exclusive: Luke Perry Heads to Hot in ClevelandMSNEntertainment 4/18/2014 1:22:00 PM
- '24's' Joel Surnow on Directorial Debut 'Small Time:' &
Tom Arnold took inspiration for his baby son's name from gritty TV show, "Sons Of Anarchy."
RELATED: Celebritots with unusual names
The actor became a first-time father on April 6 when his wife Ashley gave birth to Jax Copeland, who was named after Charlie Hunnam's outlaw biker character on the show.
Arnold tells People.com, "My dad's name is Jack and I wanted to honor him, but not too much. I am a fan of and worked on 'Sons of Anarchy' and my favorite character's name is Jax. We just thought it was a cool name. Of course I called Kurt Sutter, the show creator, to get his blessing.
"I'm best friends with Dax Shepard so that was also in the back of my head, too. We almost named him Jaxson, but the night before the birth I found out one of my brothers had named his mangy dog Jaxson. Obviously that made a change absolutely necessary!"
Arnold, who played villainous Georgie Caruso in "Sons of Anarchy," picked the name Copeland as it was his grandmother's maiden name and "she was a good lady."
Kim Kardashian, Emma Stone, and Solange Knowles all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Lena Dunham, and Anne Hathaway all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian, Kristin Davis, and Emma Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite