Tom Arnold named son after favorite TV character
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 8
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: TFB/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential PeoplMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 8:05:00 AM
- Kevin Clash, Voice of Elmo, Cleared of Sex Abuse ChargesMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 6:57:00 AM
- Review: 'Hearthstone' card game is the real dealMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 5:46:01 AM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Kerry Washington, Miley Cyrus, Benedict Cumberbatch Among Time's 100 Most Influential Peopl
Tom Arnold took inspiration for his baby son's name from gritty TV show, "Sons Of Anarchy."
RELATED: Celebritots with unusual names
The actor became a first-time father on April 6 when his wife Ashley gave birth to Jax Copeland, who was named after Charlie Hunnam's outlaw biker character on the show.
Arnold tells People.com, "My dad's name is Jack and I wanted to honor him, but not too much. I am a fan of and worked on 'Sons of Anarchy' and my favorite character's name is Jax. We just thought it was a cool name. Of course I called Kurt Sutter, the show creator, to get his blessing.
"I'm best friends with Dax Shepard so that was also in the back of my head, too. We almost named him Jaxson, but the night before the birth I found out one of my brothers had named his mangy dog Jaxson. Obviously that made a change absolutely necessary!"
Arnold, who played villainous Georgie Caruso in "Sons of Anarchy," picked the name Copeland as it was his grandmother's maiden name and "she was a good lady."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTStar Weight Loss
From Crowd Ignite