Tom Arnold named son after favorite TV character
- Photo: Matt Baron / BEImages/Rex USA1 of 8
- Photo: JLC/ZOJ/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: Christopher Polk/Getty Images North America3 of 8
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage4 of 8
- Photo: TFB/HSS/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Homeland,' '24' Producer Howard Gordon Re-Signs With 20th CentuMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 11:00:00 AM
- YouTube Will Invest in Original Content From Top Video CreatorsMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 10:43:00 AM
- Angelina Jolie to Direct Poacher Drama 'Africa'MSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 10:43:00 AM
- 'The View' Women May Have Set a Record for Saying 'Vagina' in OnMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 10:42:00 AM
- Shonda Rhimes Fires Back at New York Times Critic Who Called Her 'Angry Black Woman&apoMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 10:36:00 AM
- 'Homeland,' '24' Producer Howard Gordon Re-Signs With 20th Centu
Tom Arnold took inspiration for his baby son's name from gritty TV show, "Sons Of Anarchy."
RELATED: Celebritots with unusual names
The actor became a first-time father on April 6 when his wife Ashley gave birth to Jax Copeland, who was named after Charlie Hunnam's outlaw biker character on the show.
Arnold tells People.com, "My dad's name is Jack and I wanted to honor him, but not too much. I am a fan of and worked on 'Sons of Anarchy' and my favorite character's name is Jax. We just thought it was a cool name. Of course I called Kurt Sutter, the show creator, to get his blessing.
"I'm best friends with Dax Shepard so that was also in the back of my head, too. We almost named him Jaxson, but the night before the birth I found out one of my brothers had named his mangy dog Jaxson. Obviously that made a change absolutely necessary!"
Arnold, who played villainous Georgie Caruso in "Sons of Anarchy," picked the name Copeland as it was his grandmother's maiden name and "she was a good lady."
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Royal Beach Bods
Check out the hottest royals enjoying their beach vacations.Watch Video »
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTOver The Moon
From Crowd Ignite