Tom Cruise sets up page on Russian social network
- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks1 of 19
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage2 of 19
- Photo: David Fisher/Rex USA3 of 19
- Photo: Gregg DeGuire/WireImage4 of 19
- Photo: ZWAA/WENN5 of 19
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin6 of 19
- Photo: Alfaqui S.L./StarTraks7 of 19
- Photo: Harry Pluviose/Retna Ltd.8 of 19
- Photo: Nikos Vinieratos/REX/StarTraks9 of 19
- Photo: Paul Hennessy/Splash News/Splash News10 of 19
- Photo: © Hitoshi Yamada / interTOPICS/Retna Ltd.11 of 19
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP12 of 19
- Photo: Star magazine/Promotional13 of 19
- Photo: Lloyd Bishop/NBCU Photo Bank/NBC14 of 19
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage15 of 19
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage16 of 19
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage17 of 19
- Photo: Warner Bros.18 of 19
More Celeb News
- Michael Jackson's 'Son' DNA Test Logo Ripped From 'Terminator&amMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:55:00 AM
- 'Blackfish' Effect: SeaWorld Under Fire Again as CA Bill Proposes Ban on Whale ShoMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 9:11:00 AM
- Ratings: CBS Wins as 'Idol' Hits Another LowMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:53:00 AM
- What 'True Detective' Creator Learned From Co-Writing That Despised 'KillMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:16:00 AM
- '300: Rise of an Empire' Slices Up $3.3 Million Thursday OpeningMSNEntertainment 3/7/2014 8:10:00 AM
- Michael Jackson's 'Son' DNA Test Logo Ripped From 'Terminator&am
MOSCOW (AP) — Tom Cruise has become the first Hollywood star to set up a page on the popular Russian social network VK.
RELATED: Celebs who quit Twitter
The "Mission Impossible" actor's page appeared Friday, announced by a message on Twitter saying "See you there!" in Russian.
His profile picture is a poster for his new science fiction film "Oblivion," which comes out in Russia on April 11, two weeks before it opens in the U.S.
Cruise's page is a sign of Russia's increasing box-office clout. Box-office income rose 8 percent last year to $1.3 billion, the ninth-highest in the world, and is expected to grow 9 percent this year.
VK, which is short for "In Contact," dominates the Russian social media market with more than 40 million users — about 10 times as many as use Facebook.
RELATED: The best star comebacks
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Nicole Richie debuts a lavender hair color on Instagram on Celebs Gone Social. What does Kelly Osbourne have to do with it?Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
From Crowd Ignite